Sen Elizabeth Warren introduces bill to eliminate college loan debt - Page 14
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314
    BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Re: Sen Elizabeth Warren introduces bill to eliminate college loan debt

Quote Originally Posted by bamamc1 View Post
    I try to convey to my daughter to ready for the hard times because they may come at any time. I lost my job of 17 years because I found out the company wanted to get “younger”. I’ve had to start over in sales so we’ll see how that goes. Fortunately, I had enough $ in the bank to last us over a year. That was supposed to be college $ for my daughter. My parents taught my brother and me how to be tough. I thank God for that.
    I've been there myself. Fortunately, my wife and I did a Financial Peace course about 10 years ago, and that cured us of a lot of our bad habits.

Best of luck moving ahead.
    This is the darkest timeline.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by BamaHoHo View Post
    They shouldn't be able to have any of it forgiven. The government isn't paying for it. We the taxpayers are!
    Not on her plan and Im not in favor of it, but you wont be paying for anything if it were to actually pass...which it wont.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "They talk about the Alabama family not being reasonable and realistic. Well hell no, we're not supposed to be reasonable and realistic. We're Alabama -- we're supposed to be the best."
    --Kenny Stabler

BamaNation Hall of Fame

If our tax system was correct, unless you are in the top 1% or so then you won't be burdened much by this at all. So long as we vote centrists and right wingers into power our progressive taxes will continue to get more regressive over time.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    If our tax system was correct, unless you are in the top 1% or so then you won't be burdened much by this at all. So long as we vote centrists and right wingers into power our progressive taxes will continue to get more regressive over time.
    What do you think will happen if Trump maintains power? Serious matter; serious question...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Well then you are going to be very disappointed whether trump wins or loses because if he wins it will be another 4 years of a right winger and if he loses it will be to a centrist.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    What do you think will happen if Trump maintains power? Serious matter; serious question...
    Do I think it would be worse with more GOP? Sure. Democrats’ main body seems uninterested in counteracting it going by the last 30 years.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!