According to the NCAA, Duke is a "Brutal" game...for ND?

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
What's the second doubleheader? ...and thanks! I think...still a bit confused. I guess it depends on the second doubleheader. Who and when was that choice? If there are two, then either one of them would have "bounced" us. TBH, we've beaten up on the Who's for a while now.I'd put ND/UGa over Bama/LSwho in primetime as well.
CBS only allows two college football doubleheader weekends each season, with typically only one of those being a primetime game. In the past Bama vs LSU has been guaranteed to be their prime time selection, but this year the powers at be chose the Notre Dame vs LSU game instead.

Had it not been for the Domer/Tiger game they would have scheduled our game as their prime time matchup. Date had nothing to do with it, it’s all about network broadcasting restrictions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
According to the NCAA, Duke is a "Brutal" game...for ND?

What's the second doubleheader? ...and thanks! I think...still a bit confused. I guess it depends on the second doubleheader. Who and when was that choice? If there are two, then either one of them would have "bounced" us. TBH, we've beaten up on the Who's for a while now.I'd put ND/UGa over Bama/LSwho in primetime as well.
CBS is only allowing for one primetime game this year. The only primetime game is UGA/ND. The other date is a day doubleheader on 11/16, but I don’t believe the matchups have been announced.

Smart money for the 3:30 game will probably be our game against MSU, but that’s assuming ESPN will want Auburn/UGA on primetime. The noon kickoff will likely be LSU@Ole Miss or USCe@A&M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Re: According to the NCAA, Duke is a "Brutal" game...for ND?

In the unlikely event that Alabama and LSU are heading for a 1-2 showdown (a la 2011), CBS CAN negotiate with the other networks and give up something the other networks want in exchange for a prime time game.

In 2011, CBS so desperately wanted the game that they:
a) traded TCU-Col St to VS in exchange for Army-AFA on CBS Sports Network
b) gave up some of their rights for the 2012 scheduling....the first year of the newest SEC expansion (these were not disclosed)

However, we are no longer in the BCS era (e.g. the team that loses would not necessarily be considered eliminated from any playoff chase - even though that wound up not happening in 2011), so I'd rate the odds of this as next to nonexistent.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.