Anyone else watching the Tour de France?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
The biggest shame about yesterday was the loss of TP. He had looked the strongest in the mountains all tour.

New flash.... today's stage shortened to the 37 mile climb to Val Torens. Down from 80 miles. That just may save a podium for JA. He has 25 seconds on GT and the only thing we might see today is GT hang on the back wheel of the fastest of the top 5 with EB on his (GT's) wheel so that EB is guaranteed the win. So JA May just get the consolation of a podium because of that. Of course SK May have to attack hard since he wants a podium.

37 miles and one hill climb? The only comparison is the shorter but steeper sprint up L’Alpe d’Huez.

We will see.

I hope we don’t have an anticlimactic end to the tour what with yesterday and then the shortening of today. This has been the absolute best tour in many years.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Not sure where to view a replay - maybe on the NBCSN site (?)

I have a couple comments to make but will wait until later to post them for those who didn't see today's stage yet.
I finally found a written report on it. I'd like to see the stage, since I've been over the route before...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I finally found a written report on it. I'd like to see the stage, since I've been over the route before...
The scenery there is beyond majestic. Near the beginning of the telecast, they had a computer aided 360 degree image thing that showed the route (sorry I don't know the technical term) and it was very cool how the route wove through those mountains.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The scenery there is beyond majestic. Near the beginning of the telecast, they had a computer aided 360 degree image thing that showed the route (sorry I don't know the technical term) and it was very cool how the route wove through those mountains.
"Parcours." The only way through those mountains is weaving. In mid-September, at Val Thorens, I had on my jacket and wished I'd remembered my gloves...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
NBC cut the coverage off before the top 3 in GC awards ceremonies...all for stock car racing.....:rolleyes:

Bad enough the last 2 stages were shortened prior to today's finale.

Best tour in years - except for the last few days.

College football is up next!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
NBC cut the coverage off before the top 3 in GC awards ceremonies...all for stock car racing.....:rolleyes:

Bad enough the last 2 stages were shortened prior to today's finale.

Best tour in years - except for the last few days.

College football is up next!
Seeing last year's champ and a domestique swap places is not a common occurrence. I believe it may have happened with Lance Armstrong but that's tainted...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.