Anyone else watching the Tour de France?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone else watching the Tour de France?

Coming down the home stretch.....

Despite Froome and Cavendish being out, it's been a very exciting event this year so far. Should get even better with the next 3 stages in the Alps!

https://www.letour.fr/en/
    "Old dog - new tricks"

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Re: Anyone else watching the Tour de France?

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post

Despite Froome and Cavendish being out, it's been a very exciting event this year so far. Should get even better with the next 3 stages in the Alps!

I prefer to bike than watch people bike.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    I prefer to bike than watch people bike.
    Why not do both?

Each day there's is an evening airing of that day's stage starting at 8PM (ET).

There's also additional airings during the afternoon

You can also follow the tour from many online news sources.

Such as this one:

https://www.velonews.com/2019/07/new...ccident_497907
    "Old dog - new tricks"

Stage 20 is the only one I've been over part of (in a car). Albertville is where my daughter and husband buy most of the food for their restaurant...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Stage 20 is the only one I've been over part of (in a car). Albertville is where my daughter and husband buy most of the food for their restaurant...
    I figured you would tune in each year because of your connection to France. They do a very nice job of highlighting how beautiful the countrysides are as well as the enormity of history and popularity of the sport.

The enthusiastic crowds who flock to this event every year alone are quite noteworthy.

When one looks to differentiate between the two cultures - here and there - they could look no further than this event and they would have it.
    "Old dog - new tricks"

After all the cheating over the years, no interest.

I figured you would tune in each year because of your connection to France. They do a very nice job of highlighting how beautiful the countrysides are as well as the enormity of history and popularity of the sport.

The enthusiastic crowds who flock to this event every year alone are quite noteworthy.

When one looks to differentiate between the two cultures - here and there - they could look no further than this event and they would have it.
    A friend, also a friend of my daughter's from high school, went over last month, stayed with Rachel, and biked a lot of the Alpine route, including the climb up L'alpe d'Huez...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

A friend, also a friend of my daughter's from high school, went over last month, stayed with Rachel, and biked a lot of the Alpine route, including the climb up L'alpe d'Huez...
    Beautiful part of France.

Today was a big day as the next two will be as well. A little surprised at NQ's performance but good on him as this type of stage is his strong suite.

Still impossible to make a prediction but I would love to see a Frenchman win this year (JA).
    "Old dog - new tricks"

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    Beautiful part of France.
    View from my daughter's balcony...Name:  Rachel's view.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  52.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

View from my daughter's balcony...Name:  Rachel's view.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  52.8 KB
    The second view is from right above their house. vBulletin is making it hard for me to remove it for some reason, so I just left it...

The second view is from right above their house. vBulletin is making it hard for me to remove it for some reason, so I just left it...
    You watching Le Tour this year, Earle?

Today plus next 2 days are in the Alps.
    "Old dog - new tricks"

You watching Le Tour this year, Earle?

Today plus next 2 days are in the Alps.
    When I can...