ESPN - Position U - Which schools produce the most talent at each position
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 14
  1. #1
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    106

    ESPN - Position U - Which schools produce the most talent at each position

    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...alent-position

    Summary:
    Alabama's #1 ar RB, OL and DL #2 at LB, #3 at DB and #9 at WR even with Julio, Ridley, Amari and the crew we'll likely lose after this year. Oh, we're #33 at QB and not ranked at Tight End.

    They only go back to 1998 so many of our past greats weren't part of the ranking.

  2. #2
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,236

    Re: ESPN - Position U - Which schools produce the most talent at each position

    NFLU

  3. #3
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Bazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Smyrna Beach, Florida
    Posts
    22,164

    Re: ESPN - Position U - Which schools produce the most talent at each position

    Quote Originally Posted by EnterBama View Post
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...alent-position

    Summary:
    Alabama's #1 ar RB, OL and DL #2 at LB, #3 at DB and #9 at WR even with Julio, Ridley, Amari and the crew we'll likely lose after this year. Oh, we're #33 at QB and not ranked at Tight End.

    They only go back to 1998 so many of our past greats weren't part of the ranking.
    Don't forget the Kicker!

    "Old dog - new tricks"

  4. #4
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    340

    Re: ESPN - Position U - Which schools produce the most talent at each position

    Quote Originally Posted by EnterBama View Post
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...alent-position

    Summary:
    Alabama's #1 ar RB, OL and DL #2 at LB, #3 at DB and #9 at WR even with Julio, Ridley, Amari and the crew we'll likely lose after this year. Oh, we're #33 at QB and not ranked at Tight End.

    They only go back to 1998 so many of our past greats weren't part of the ranking.
    Very impressive indeed. No surprise as to why Bama has been so successful. Not surprisingly I think Georgia should have been in the Top 10 for Running Backs.

  5. #5
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    21,848

    Re: ESPN - Position U - Which schools produce the most talent at each position

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    Very impressive indeed. No surprise as to why Bama has been so successful. Not surprisingly I think Georgia should have been in the Top 10 for Running Backs.
    That surprised me, too.

  6. #6
    BamaNation First Team peariver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SW Georgia
    Posts
    895

    Re: ESPN - Position U - Which schools produce the most talent at each position

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    Not surprisingly I think Georgia should have been in the Top 10 for Running Backs.
    Not a Dawg fan but UGA should have definitely been on that list, sporting one of the all time greatest in Herschel Walker.

  7. #7
    BamaNation All-SEC The Ols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cumming,Ga.
    Posts
    1,371

    Re: ESPN - Position U - Which schools produce the most talent at each position

    Only goes back to '98...Herschel was well before that. Think UGA's last title...39 years...
    Quote Originally Posted by peariver View Post
    Not a Dawg fan but UGA should have definitely been on that list, sporting one of the all time greatest in Herschel Walker.

  8. #8
    BamaNation All-American Con's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    South Alabama
    Posts
    3,645

    Re: ESPN - Position U - Which schools produce the most talent at each position

    Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Don't forget the Kicker!

    Come on Bazza! Don't be mean.

    Good to see you posting again.

  9. #9
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Bazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Smyrna Beach, Florida
    Posts
    22,164

    Re: ESPN - Position U - Which schools produce the most talent at each position

    Quote Originally Posted by Con View Post
    Come on Bazza! Don't be mean.

    Good to see you posting again.
    Thank you - and hey it was in blue font....
    "Old dog - new tricks"

  10. #10
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Hooterville, Vir.
    Posts
    16,126

    Re: ESPN - Position U - Which schools produce the most talent at each position

    Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Don't forget the Kicker!

    That's harsh, brah.

  11. #11
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    21,848

    Re: ESPN - Position U - Which schools produce the most talent at each position

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    Only goes back to '98...Herschel was well before that. Think UGA's last title...39 years...
    They have had at least 10 RBs drafted since 1998. They are not top 3 in that span, but certainly top 10. 4 of their best in that era are not bad:

    Todd Gurley
    Nick Chubb
    Sony Michel
    Knowshon Moreno

  12. #12
    BamaNation All-SEC The Ols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cumming,Ga.
    Posts
    1,371

    Re: ESPN - Position U - Which schools produce the most talent at each position

    B1G, you're 100% correct...just taking a little shot when the door was left open. UGa has had a great run in respect to RBs, and is continuing that run, but Herschel was a long time ago and it has been 39 years... on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    They have had at least 10 RBs drafted since 1998. They are not top 3 in that span, but certainly top 10. 4 of their best in that era are not bad:

    Todd Gurley
    Nick Chubb
    Sony Michel
    Knowshon Moreno

  13. #13
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    106
    Thread Starter

    Re: ESPN - Position U - Which schools produce the most talent at each position

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    Very impressive indeed. No surprise as to why Bama has been so successful. Not surprisingly I think Georgia should have been in the Top 10 for Running Backs.
    They didn't list the formula they used other than looking at all-conference, all-American, draft pick and pro star status whatever that non-objectively could be but they did pick Georgia #1 at linebacker.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear