Idiot parents almost get their 9 year old killed

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
A nine-year-old girl was thrown high into the air and injured when she was hit by a charging buffalo in Yellowstone National Park in the north west United States.
The incident was captured on video and shows the colossal wild animal grazing on a hillside before seeing two adults and the child on a path ahead.
It then starts to charge with dust visibly rising from its haunches as it gallops towards the group.
The adults – who are the child’s parents, according to the woman who took the video – are seen sprinting away amid screams, leaving the 9-year-old in the path of the enormous animal.
https://news.yahoo.com/bison-charges-nine-old-girl-081647266.html

Spoiler alert, they are from Florida.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Guaranteed:

1. Idiot parents have already put themselves into therapy to deal with the trauma of realizing they were cowards in abandoning their child to the tender mercies of a charging buffalo.

2. They have secured a different therapist for their child to help her deal with the realization that her parents are both idiots and cowards.

3. They have hired a lawyer to sue the park for (a) not constructing an infrastructure sufficient to prevent them from advertising both their idiocy and their cowardice, and (b) given their own impoverished state (itself the result of a long history of unrelated bad decisions), they need someone, anyone, to pay for said therapists.

And, of course, several million dollars to compensate them for their pain, suffering and mental anguish upon realizing their own true nature.

No blue font.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Guaranteed:

1. Idiot parents have already put themselves into therapy to deal with the trauma of realizing they were cowards in abandoning their child to the tender mercies of a charging buffalo.

2. They have secured a different therapist for their child to help her deal with the realization that her parents are both idiots and cowards.

3. They have hired a lawyer to sue the park for (a) not constructing an infrastructure sufficient to prevent them from advertising both their idiocy and their cowardice, and (b) given their own impoverished state (itself the result of a long history of unrelated bad decisions), they need someone, anyone, to pay for said therapists.

And, of course, several million dollars to compensate them for their pain, suffering and mental anguish upon realizing their own true nature.

No blue font.
The NPS has papered themselves very well indeed in these cases. You can hardly turn around without another sign warning of the minimum distance. I don't think a suit under the Federal Tort Claims Act would go anywhere. The last time I was there in the winter, a woman was killed by a bison. Suit was filed and thrown out. She disregarded the rules. They had wanted the animal destroyed, of all things...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Yeah - stuff like that happens every minute of the day.

Did you see the little boy who hopped on the luggage carousel at some airport yesterday while Mom was at the ticket window?

Fortunately just some bruising on his arm.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
“This family was petting the buffalo before it charged. And as you can see the parents saved themselves over their daughter. I’m disgusted.”
Wow!

Also, the person recording the video appears to have been way too close to the bison based on the angle as the bison ran up to the child.

More wow:
“According to witnesses, a group of approximately 50 people were within 5-10 feet of the bison for at least 20 minutes before eventually causing the bison to charge the group,” Yellowstone officials said in a statement.
The National Park Service floods the area with warnings about this.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
What parent leaves their kid behind when faced with danger?

Coward isn't a strong enough word - that kid deserves real parents.
If I were in charge of things, those two would have just completely forfeited all their parental rights.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Yup, there are signs literally everywhere warning visitors to give wildlife their space. Maybe they were illiterate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yup, there are signs literally everywhere warning visitors to give wildlife their space. Maybe they were illiterate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's not really a joke. There are hordes of Asian tourists who can't read a word of English. According to the rangers, it's a major problem. They literally can't read the warning signs and they are worse even than Floridians at regarding the animals as Disney characters...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The parents should at least be banned from visiting any national parks for 10 years.
The guy who tried to play matador with a bison in Yellowstone, and who also caused disturbances in Grand Teton and Glacier. He was sentenced to 130 days in jail, plus five years of probation, during which he's barred from all three parks and also from bars and liquor stores and much enroll in an alcohol rehab program. The judge doubted that he could be made a contributing member of society, since his record of petty offenses stretches back to 1981...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
First, we would have never been that close. Because I’m paranoid of stuff just like that happening.

Second....there is a push amongst millennials to have “experiences”. I think I’ve heard that about 10,000 times lately. The whole over-tourism issue has apparently evolved because of this.

Well Mom and Dad you just gave her an experience of a lifetime. Not many know what it’s like to be thrown in the air by a bison. SMH

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
First, we would have never been that close. Because I’m paranoid of stuff just like that happening.

Second....there is a push amongst millennials to have “experiences”. I think I’ve heard that about 10,000 times lately. The whole over-tourism issue has apparently evolved because of this.

Well Mom and Dad you just gave her an experience of a lifetime. Not many know what it’s like to be thrown in the air by a bison. SMH
This made me laugh out loud. I literally heard this statement this past weekend from my wife's millennial cousin.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Amen! After what happened at our winter visit, I totally agree. Not only was a lady killed, my stepson and his fiancee were charged, well, a group of snowmobilers were, and she was driving. She took off with him not mounted and barely hanging on and almost killed him. We took the snow coach route...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.