Idiot parents almost get their 9 year old killed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Idiot parents almost get their 9 year old killed

A nine-year-old girl was thrown high into the air and injured when she was hit by a charging buffalo in Yellowstone National Park in the north west United States.
    The incident was captured on video and shows the colossal wild animal grazing on a hillside before seeing two adults and the child on a path ahead.
    It then starts to charge with dust visibly rising from its haunches as it gallops towards the group.
    The adults – who are the child’s parents, according to the woman who took the video – are seen sprinting away amid screams, leaving the 9-year-old in the path of the enormous animal.
    https://news.yahoo.com/bison-charges...081647266.html

Spoiler alert, they are from Florida.

FB|BB Moderator

Re: Idiot parents almost get their 9 year old killed

Guaranteed:

1. Idiot parents have already put themselves into therapy to deal with the trauma of realizing they were cowards in abandoning their child to the tender mercies of a charging buffalo.

2. They have secured a different therapist for their child to help her deal with the realization that her parents are both idiots and cowards.

3. They have hired a lawyer to sue the park for (a) not constructing an infrastructure sufficient to prevent them from advertising both their idiocy and their cowardice, and (b) given their own impoverished state (itself the result of a long history of unrelated bad decisions), they need someone, anyone, to pay for said therapists.

And, of course, several million dollars to compensate them for their pain, suffering and mental anguish upon realizing their own true nature.

No blue font.
    Last edited by 4Q Basket Case; July 24th, 2019 at 08:17 PM.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    Guaranteed:

1. Idiot parents have already put themselves into therapy to deal with the trauma of realizing they were cowards in abandoning their child to the tender mercies of a charging buffalo.

2. They have secured a different therapist for their child to help her deal with the realization that her parents are both idiots and cowards.

3. They have hired a lawyer to sue the park for (a) not constructing an infrastructure sufficient to prevent them from advertising both their idiocy and their cowardice, and (b) given their own impoverished state (itself the result of a long history of unrelated bad decisions), they need someone, anyone, to pay for said therapists.

And, of course, several million dollars to compensate them for their pain, suffering and mental anguish upon realizing their own true nature.

No blue font.
    The NPS has papered themselves very well indeed in these cases. You can hardly turn around without another sign warning of the minimum distance. I don't think a suit under the Federal Tort Claims Act would go anywhere. The last time I was there in the winter, a woman was killed by a bison. Suit was filed and thrown out. She disregarded the rules. They had wanted the animal destroyed, of all things...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Yeah - stuff like that happens every minute of the day.

Did you see the little boy who hopped on the luggage carousel at some airport yesterday while Mom was at the ticket window?

Fortunately just some bruising on his arm.
    "Old dog - new tricks"

BamaNation Hall of Fame

“This family was petting the buffalo before it charged. And as you can see the parents saved themselves over their daughter. I’m disgusted.”
    Wow!

Also, the person recording the video appears to have been way too close to the bison based on the angle as the bison ran up to the child.

More wow:
    “According to witnesses, a group of approximately 50 people were within 5-10 feet of the bison for at least 20 minutes before eventually causing the bison to charge the group,” Yellowstone officials said in a statement.
    The National Park Service floods the area with warnings about this.

What parent leaves their kid behind when faced with danger?

Coward isn't a strong enough word - that kid deserves real parents.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame uafan4life's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    What parent leaves their kid behind when faced with danger?

Coward isn't a strong enough word - that kid deserves real parents.
    If I were in charge of things, those two would have just completely forfeited all their parental rights.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I have yet to figure out why common sense and common courtesy are called common.
    - Unknown

Tradition is always under construction.
    - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

and the award for the worst parents on Earth goes to.......
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar

How does it go? I don't have to be faster than a charging bison. I just have to be faster than a nine-year-old girl. Amiright?
    Last edited by Bodhisattva; July 26th, 2019 at 08:43 PM.
    Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaFlum's Avatar

Yup, there are signs literally everywhere warning visitors to give wildlife their space. Maybe they were illiterate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RTR!

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFlum View Post
    Yup, there are signs literally everywhere warning visitors to give wildlife their space. Maybe they were illiterate?
    They were from Florida

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFlum View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's not really a joke. There are hordes of Asian tourists who can't read a word of English. According to the rangers, it's a major problem. They literally can't read the warning signs and they are worse even than Floridians at regarding the animals as Disney characters...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

The parents should at least be banned from visiting any national parks for 10 years.