Question: Status of Anoma - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Status of Anoma

Re: Really Hated to See the News About Anoma

Shared some stuff about him with some select people on Monday. It's really up to him, but at this point, it's completely up to him whether or not he decides to be a part of this team.

I haven't talked to my guy since last week, and this ONLY MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION, but I would be shocked (albeit pleasantly shocked) if he's in an Alabama uniform when we suit up vs Duke.
    Last edited by WMack4Bama; July 26th, 2019 at 01:34 PM.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

Re: Status of Anoma

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    If Anoma is not on the team, could Alfano do the job? I know that he would be out of position, but wondering as he looks to be a great one in the making.
    Could he? Yes. That's not the plan though. They want to redshirt him to help him get ahead with classes and to get over some nagging injuries. But everything is subject to change.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation All-American

William, can you go into the issues? Is it impatience? Homesickness? Hard-headedness? What?

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    Shared some stuff about him with some select people on Monday. It's really up to him, but at this point, it's completely up to him whether or not he decides to be a part of this team.

I haven't talked to my guy since last week, and this ONLY MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION, but I would be shocked (albeit pleasantly shocked) if he's in an Alabama uniform when we suit up vs Duke.
    I really hope you are incorrect in that prediction (I’m sure you hope you are incorrect as well).

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

[QUOTE=RollTide_HTTR;3426361]I was referring to the tweet i quoted that he has now deleted. He tweeted out "It's good day "[/QUOTE

Yea, my bad...did not see the tweet. Anyway, all is well that ends well however it ends :-)
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    I really hope you are incorrect in that prediction (I’m sure you hope you are incorrect as well).
    Gotta second that
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEyeshade View Post
    William, can you go into the issues? Is it impatience? Homesickness? Hard-headedness? What?
    On the surface and on the (FAR) outside looking in, immaturity. But I don't know him or his situation, so I can't say for sure.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    If Anoma is not on the team, could Alfano do the job? I know that he would be out of position, but wondering as he looks to be a great one in the making.
    With Alfano being a true DE and weighing over 280 lbs I don't see him doing it. I think we see Chris Allen step into the role and he is a good one but is coming off a season ending injury from last year.

FB|BB Moderator

Deleted by poster.

Edit: If the issue is really mental illness, as has been reported in subsequent posts, my original post was obviously and badly wrong. Deleting until this is clarified.
    Last edited by 4Q Basket Case; July 27th, 2019 at 09:21 AM.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    With Alfano being a true DE and weighing over 280 lbs I don't see him doing it. I think we see Chris Allen step into the role and he is a good one but is coming off a season ending injury from last year.
    Allen would have been in line to be with the 1s anyway. Anoma hadn't secured a role with the starters (edit: first organizational groupings) yet. So we're good so long as we don't have any more injuries.

Jennings on one side. Lewis on the other. Any combination of Davis, Ray, Dale, Mathis, Young, Barmore, Eboigbe inside. With Allen providing extra depth behind either of those guys, and not forgetting that Moses also plays with his hand in the dirt. This will mean that McMillon, Moody, Lee, and/or Harris have been able to come along and run point in the middle.

All that to say, we will be fine....better than fine.

BamaNation All-American

One of these days I'm going to figure out the twitter handle of some of you. Often I see very similar comments posted on here and twitter and always wonder if its the same person or not.

BamaNation All-American dWarriors88's Avatar

Mental health is serious issue in our world that doesn’t get the same ‘glitz and glam’ discussions as a lot of other health issues we address in our society. The more I think and read about Anoma, the more I think mental health is a problem here

BamaNation Second Team DogPatch's Avatar

I was wondering how long this would take to come out.