Question: Status of Anoma - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Status of Anoma

BamaNation All-SEC

Re: Status of Anoma

Quote Originally Posted by WylieTexasTider View Post
    I hope Anoma takes care of whatever issues he has and finds a home where he can do well. That said, something stinks with Locksley. Stuff Saban hinted, stuff hinted from people close/in the AD I’ve talked to, Locks is a slime ball, I hope the NCAA looks long and hard if Anoma goes to MD b/c I bet Locksley or his people had contact with the family if not Anoma directly.
    If true, that wouldn't be a good look for him

Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    Worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Sure has been a lot of talk for a guy who never played a meaningful snap and - by all indications with his will-he-won't-he saga for the last 8 months - was never going to play meaningful snap in 2019 either. Sure, he was a 5-star but he didn't turn out to be a 5-star for us. We didn't lose anything because he never did anything in meaningful game time.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Sure has been a lot of talk for a guy who never played a meaningful snap and - by all indications with his will-he-won't-he saga for the last 8 months - was never going to play meaningful snap in 2019 either. Sure, he was a 5-star but he didn't turn out to be a 5-star for us. We didn't lose anything because he never did anything in meaningful game time.
    That's a bit shortsighted. We've had lots of guys who waited as freshman, and even longer and then made huge contributions ti the team. Losing any of those goes before they had their chance after waiting could have had a negative impact.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

He missed time in Orange Bowl prep for his first spat with whether he wanted to be in Tuscaloosa or not. He was at the end of the line in the Spring at his position. Long view we may've lost a guy for 2020 or 2021 but I don't really think he was going to be a factor for 2019 either way.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation All-American Tide&True's Avatar

I know I may be prejudiced by why would anybody leave Bama? I guess kids today donít really care about history or tradition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "They've got a name for the winners in the world....they call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
    -Steely Dan

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Tide&True View Post
    I know I may be prejudiced by why would anybody leave Bama? I guess kids today don’t really care about history or tradition.

Homesick, don't want to put the work in to succeed, listened to someone telling them they would be better off somewhere else.....take your pick

BamaNation All-American

He missed time in Orange Bowl prep for his first spat with whether he wanted to be in Tuscaloosa or not. He was at the end of the line in the Spring at his position. Long view we may've lost a guy for 2020 or 2021 but I don't really think he was going to be a factor for 2019 either way.
    Wasn't he playing with the 1s at some point?

Anyway, according to al.com...SIAP

Alabama LB, former 5-star recruit Eyabi Anoma enters NCAA transfer portal

Anoma was suspended by the university earlier this summer and this latest development, according to sources, stems from a separate university level issue.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TheRealPokeChop's Avatar

He would have been a major contributor at OLB for us this season.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

BamaNation All-SEC

Well ... hummm ...

Hate to hear this is the case, a talented player but it's really looking more and more that it's the best case for both him and Bama to be honest. I wish him well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    He would have been a major contributor at OLB for us this season.
    Nah, he would be lucky to have seen the field. He has all the physical tools, but emotionally isn't there.

Little to zero chance he would have seen the field this season unless things changed dramatically.

IOW, this isn't really a loss. Wish he was better prepared to be impactful, but we've seen this before...
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Second Team DogPatch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keeter View Post
    Homesick, don't want to put the work in to succeed, listened to someone telling them they would be better off somewhere else.....take your pick
    He is a train wreck waiting to happen.

No they don't care about history or tradition. They only care about themselves in most cases. Not all but most. It's a different world now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tide&True View Post
    I know I may be prejudiced by why would anybody leave Bama? I guess kids today don’t really care about history or tradition.