Question: Status of Anoma - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Status of Anoma

BamaNation All-American

Re: Status of Anoma

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    I don't think you can lump Hand into that category. While not spectacular it was a solid college career and he is killing it in the NFL.

yea but he had #1 overall recruit hype didn't he? I think he at least fits with Robert Foster as a player who didn't reach his hype. Idk he's an interesting case. I've been pretty happy for him and his NFL success to date though.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by BamaHoosier View Post
    Good memory on Love and Sims, I’d forgotten they were both that highly rated. We can agree to disagree on Sheffield. I absolutely get your point, but to me he still counts as a miss since he never contributed. That’s the same category to me as Anoma should he go on to live up to his potential. Might not be a miss from a talent eval standpoint, still was a miss in production.

Another borderline case is Robert Foster. He was on the team for four years, but only produced in small doses. He was a solid his last year, but was constantly overshadowed by other receivers around him. The fact that he’s now showing signs of being a breakout player with the Bills shows how much potential production we missed out on.

I wouldn’t call him a miss per se, but definitely a disappointment compared to the hype that surrounded him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yeah - I was thinking about it from a pure talent standpoint, not really from the missed production standpoint.

Foster certainly match the hype with production for sure, but to your point, the talent is starting to show for him now. If I recall, he had to fight through a few injuries during his time in Tuscaloosa and that was what kept him somewhat limited.

others mentioned Hand, and I wouldn't put him in that category. He played a lot, even as a freshman. the thing that kept him from getting even more PT was a completely beastly DL rotation of guys who were here before him; namely A'Shawn Robinson, Reed and Jonathan Allen - all 1st and 2nd round picks.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    yea but he had #1 overall recruit hype didn't he? I think he at least fits with Robert Foster as a player who didn't reach his hype. Idk he's an interesting case. I've been pretty happy for him and his NFL success to date though.
    For a #1 overall recruit I can agree but I don't think Hand can be mentioned with Love and Sims and he had a better career than Robert Foster but it is somewhat close.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    For a #1 overall recruit I can agree but I don't think Hand can be mentioned with Love and Sims and he had a better career than Robert Foster but it is somewhat close.
    yea thats fair

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by BamaHoosier View Post
    Good memory on Love and Sims, Iíd forgotten they were both that highly rated. We can agree to disagree on Sheffield. I absolutely get your point, but to me he still counts as a miss since he never contributed. Thatís the same category to me as Anoma should he go on to live up to his potential. Might not be a miss from a talent eval standpoint, still was a miss in production.

Another borderline case is Robert Foster. He was on the team for four years, but only produced in small doses. He was a solid his last year, but was constantly overshadowed by other receivers around him. The fact that heís now showing signs of being a breakout player with the Bills shows how much potential production we missed out on.

I wouldnít call him a miss per se, but definitely a disappointment compared to the hype that surrounded him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Robert Foster's problem was Jalen Hurts tendency to focus on his primary too long. If he had a QB who spreads the ball around like Tua then he'd went in the top 3 rounds at a minimum.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

These comments are responses to several posts. In the limited time Eyabi played last year, he flashed off the chart physical talent. I really expected him to blow up this year, and maybe be a CFB superstar in a year or maybe two if he stayed that long.
    Anoma and Alfano have totally different body types, and while both may be athletically gifted enough to play the others position, that would never happen. Just not maximizing either players talent.
    As far as Locksley, unfortunately that is the new trend in CFB. with the transfer portal and recruiting shenanigans, I expect more of the same moving forward instead of the old loyalty and gratitude for opportunities. Especially when that much money is involved for coaches.
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation Second Team DogPatch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBoySince89 View Post
    Was Tyler Love a 5*?
    Yes.

BamaNation Second Team

Spoke with someone who knows Anoma. He said he has never really felt like he fit in with the bama program, and that it is not a given he transfers to Md. He said Anoma is not leaving because he is being lured by Locks. He would probably be gone whether Locks was at Md or not.

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogPatch View Post
    Yes.
    If I remember correctly he was in the top 10 overall that year and was the #1 OL. A lot of people missed on him.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tideindc View Post
    Spoke with someone who knows Anoma. He said he has never really felt like he fit in with the bama program, and that it is not a given he transfers to Md. He said Anoma is not leaving because he is being lured by Locks. He would probably be gone whether Locks was at Md or not.
    It takes a special person both mentally and physically to play at Bama and not all are cut out to do it. Good luck to him and I do expect him to make it to the NFL if he gets his mind right.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    Number DE, not recruit

Quote Originally Posted by gtowntide View Post
    If I remember correctly he was in the top 10 overall that year and was the #1 OL. A lot of people missed on him.
    If I remember correctly, Tyler was an offensive tackle, and we recruited him at about 275# and he could not gain good weight. His problem was never about ability or effort. You just canít play offensive line at that weight in the SEC!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BamaNation Second Team DogPatch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tideindc View Post
    He would probably be gone whether Locks was at Md or not.
    With what I have seen and heard, I would say that is accurate.