If I could say more, I would.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Re: Status of Anoma

Quote Originally Posted by DogPatch View Post
    It was not plagiarism.
    Someone else taking his tests?

BamaNation All-SEC

I just saw on AL.Com that Anoma has officially committed to Houston. No one seems to know why he was dismissed from the University, but if it was grades, under NCAA rules, would he be able to play before he got his GPA up to par? I know I read about possible mental illness problems etc, but to me that doesn't seem likely if he's ready to jump right back into football at another school. This is just a strange one. Krymsonman

BamaNation Second Team

Not really knowing much about this but taking a stab: I think he possibly came here and thought he was going to jump right in and get a bunch of playing time/start. When that didn't work out, someone in his periphery who knows how to game the system advised him to get kicked out for academics so he could go somewhere else and be eligible right away because it was not because of an NCAA thing but because he was dismissed by the school.
    I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory but this whole thing has been so odd that it just may be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaInCummingGA View Post
    Not really knowing much about this but taking a stab: I think he possibly came here and thought he was going to jump right in and get a bunch of playing time/start. When that didn't work out, someone in his periphery who knows how to game the system advised him to get kicked out for academics so he could go somewhere else and be eligible right away because it was not because of an NCAA thing but because he was dismissed by the school.
    I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory but this whole thing has been so odd that it just may be possible.
    Maybe we should stop with the blind guesses that are pretty damning on character if true.

We know everything we're likely to ever know about Anoma at this point - any other conjecture is honestly a bit unfair. We don't (and won't) know what happened, but he's gone and all we can do is wish him well at this point.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation First Team RammaJamma10's Avatar

Looks like he's off to Houston. Hope he doesn't try to wear a coat on the sidelines

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    I just hope that this doesn't mess with our recruiting in the DMV. We have some big gets there in the next cycle, including at St.Frances...
    I think we should be good, we're actually trying to make strides on the basketball side in MD as well. We're in play for a shooting forward from MD. Earl Timberlake

BamaNation Second Team DogPatch's Avatar

Nope.

And yes, sounds like a conspiracy theory.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by dayhiker View Post
    Maybe we should stop with the blind guesses that are pretty damning on character if true.
    At least I admitted I don't know much about it. Plus, my post was more about someone in his circle of influence steering him in a particular direction.

At least I admitted I don't know much about it. Plus, my post was more about someone in his circle of influence steering him in a particular direction.
    Putting a bad accusation out there but qualifying that you're guessing, then adding, "I think," doesn't make it better or ok.

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

He's gone; can we just close this thread and move along?
    This is the darkest timeline.