Question: Status of Anoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
If Anoma is not on the team, could Alfano do the job? I know that he would be out of position, but wondering as he looks to be a great one in the making.
With Alfano being a true DE and weighing over 280 lbs I don't see him doing it. I think we see Chris Allen step into the role and he is a good one but is coming off a season ending injury from last year.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Deleted by poster.

Edit: If the issue is really mental illness, as has been reported in subsequent posts, my original post was obviously and badly wrong. Deleting until this is clarified.

Last edited:

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
With Alfano being a true DE and weighing over 280 lbs I don't see him doing it. I think we see Chris Allen step into the role and he is a good one but is coming off a season ending injury from last year.
Allen would have been in line to be with the 1s anyway. Anoma hadn't secured a role with the starters (edit: first organizational groupings) yet. So we're good so long as we don't have any more injuries.

Jennings on one side. Lewis on the other. Any combination of Davis, Ray, Dale, Mathis, Young, Barmore, Eboigbe inside. With Allen providing extra depth behind either of those guys, and not forgetting that Moses also plays with his hand in the dirt. This will mean that McMillon, Moody, Lee, and/or Harris have been able to come along and run point in the middle.

All that to say, we will be fine....better than fine.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
One of these days I'm going to figure out the twitter handle of some of you. Often I see very similar comments posted on here and twitter and always wonder if its the same person or not.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Mental health is serious issue in our world that doesn’t get the same ‘glitz and glam’ discussions as a lot of other health issues we address in our society. The more I think and read about Anoma, the more I think mental health is a problem here

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I was wondering how long this would take to come out.
What that somebody is not enrolled in class? Not that hard to find out and certainly not news that has to "come out". My point let's wait and see what comes out instead of assuming .We all know how assuming something works out in the end.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Mental health is serious issue in our world that doesn’t get the same ‘glitz and glam’ discussions as a lot of other health issues we address in our society. The more I think and read about Anoma, the more I think mental health is a problem here
It has been reported the young man has dealt with depression and ADD/ADHD in the past which many times go “hand in hand” with each other. I hope the kid gets a lot of help and finds personal peace, regardless of whether he straps on the pads here or elsewhere.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It has been reported the young man has dealt with depression and ADD/ADHD in the past which many times go “hand in hand” with each other. I hope the kid gets a lot of help and finds personal peace, regardless of whether he straps on the pads here or elsewhere.
I have nothing but sympathy and well wishes for the young man. Nothing is scarier as a parent than watching a child suffer from mental illness.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Those are tough issues to deal with...………...I wish him the best and hope he gets it all under control

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
What that somebody is not enrolled in class? Not that hard to find out and certainly not news that has to "come out". My point let's wait and see what comes out instead of assuming .We all know how assuming something works out in the end.
No. The issue that caused him to not be enrolled.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: Really Hated to See the News About Anoma

It is being reported Anoma is back in DC and his likely transfer spot is Maryland since he is very close to Locksley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.