Question: Status of Anoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I just saw on AL.Com that Anoma has officially committed to Houston. No one seems to know why he was dismissed from the University, but if it was grades, under NCAA rules, would he be able to play before he got his GPA up to par? I know I read about possible mental illness problems etc, but to me that doesn't seem likely if he's ready to jump right back into football at another school. This is just a strange one. Krymsonman

BamaInCummingGA

1st Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming, Ga
Not really knowing much about this but taking a stab: I think he possibly came here and thought he was going to jump right in and get a bunch of playing time/start. When that didn't work out, someone in his periphery who knows how to game the system advised him to get kicked out for academics so he could go somewhere else and be eligible right away because it was not because of an NCAA thing but because he was dismissed by the school.
I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory but this whole thing has been so odd that it just may be possible.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Not really knowing much about this but taking a stab: I think he possibly came here and thought he was going to jump right in and get a bunch of playing time/start. When that didn't work out, someone in his periphery who knows how to game the system advised him to get kicked out for academics so he could go somewhere else and be eligible right away because it was not because of an NCAA thing but because he was dismissed by the school.
I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory but this whole thing has been so odd that it just may be possible.
Maybe we should stop with the blind guesses that are pretty damning on character if true.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
We know everything we're likely to ever know about Anoma at this point - any other conjecture is honestly a bit unfair. We don't (and won't) know what happened, but he's gone and all we can do is wish him well at this point.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I just hope that this doesn't mess with our recruiting in the DMV. We have some big gets there in the next cycle, including at St.Frances...
I think we should be good, we're actually trying to make strides on the basketball side in MD as well. We're in play for a shooting forward from MD. Earl Timberlake

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Nope.

And yes, sounds like a conspiracy theory.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
At least I admitted I don't know much about it. Plus, my post was more about someone in his circle of influence steering him in a particular direction.
Putting a bad accusation out there but qualifying that you're guessing, then adding, "I think," doesn't make it better or ok.

BamaInCummingGA

1st Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming, Ga
Putting a bad accusation out there but qualifying that you're guessing, then adding, "I think," doesn't make it better or ok.
I don't recall making an accusation. I think it was just a thought as to what possibly could have happened. Call it an accusation if you'd like. Don't like it if you don't like it but I can put theories out there just like everyone else on here who was not present when Whatever happened actually went down.
Question for you and others is this (whether what I said be true or not) why is it so hard to contemplate/believe that someone may have found/been directed in another way to game the system? Players and coaches do it all the time.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I don't recall making an accusation. I think it was just a thought as to what possibly could have happened. Call it an accusation if you'd like. Don't like it if you don't like it but I can put theories out there just like everyone else on here who was not present when Whatever happened actually went down.
Question for you and others is this (whether what I said be true or not) why is it so hard to contemplate/believe that someone may have found/been directed in another way to game the system? Players and coaches do it all the time.
I'm telling you to stop. You can stop, or you can get a timeout. Am I clear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.