Question: Status of Anoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Regardless of the cause, if he doesn't want to be here, he won't be productive, and he'd be taking up a roster spot.

Best wishes at Maryland.

Next man up.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
If he wasn't feeling it here then it is for the best. I hope where he ends up serves him better but the track record on these cases are more often Philip Sims than Alvin Kamara.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Goes to show you never know what's going thru some kids heads...
I'm not sure how you go from being a possible starter at Alabama,
to going home to Mama.

(I'm likely wrong, but IMO he lacked commitment to his pledge to Alabama.
Sounds bad, but that's how I'm looking at it.)
NEXT MAN UP...

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I hope Anoma takes care of whatever issues he has and finds a home where he can do well. That said, something stinks with Locksley. Stuff Saban hinted, stuff hinted from people close/in the AD I’ve talked to, Locks is a slime ball, I hope the NCAA looks long and hard if Anoma goes to MD b/c I bet Locksley or his people had contact with the family if not Anoma directly.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I hope Anoma takes care of whatever issues he has and finds a home where he can do well. That said, something stinks with Locksley. Stuff Saban hinted, stuff hinted from people close/in the AD I’ve talked to, Locks is a slime ball, I hope the NCAA looks long and hard if Anoma goes to MD b/c I bet Locksley or his people had contact with the family if not Anoma directly.
If true, that wouldn't be a good look for him

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Sure has been a lot of talk for a guy who never played a meaningful snap and - by all indications with his will-he-won't-he saga for the last 8 months - was never going to play meaningful snap in 2019 either. Sure, he was a 5-star but he didn't turn out to be a 5-star for us. We didn't lose anything because he never did anything in meaningful game time.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Sure has been a lot of talk for a guy who never played a meaningful snap and - by all indications with his will-he-won't-he saga for the last 8 months - was never going to play meaningful snap in 2019 either. Sure, he was a 5-star but he didn't turn out to be a 5-star for us. We didn't lose anything because he never did anything in meaningful game time.
That's a bit shortsighted. We've had lots of guys who waited as freshman, and even longer and then made huge contributions ti the team. Losing any of those goes before they had their chance after waiting could have had a negative impact.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He missed time in Orange Bowl prep for his first spat with whether he wanted to be in Tuscaloosa or not. He was at the end of the line in the Spring at his position. Long view we may've lost a guy for 2020 or 2021 but I don't really think he was going to be a factor for 2019 either way.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
I know I may be prejudiced by why would anybody leave Bama? I guess kids today don’t really care about history or tradition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
He missed time in Orange Bowl prep for his first spat with whether he wanted to be in Tuscaloosa or not. He was at the end of the line in the Spring at his position. Long view we may've lost a guy for 2020 or 2021 but I don't really think he was going to be a factor for 2019 either way.
Wasn't he playing with the 1s at some point?

Anyway, according to al.com...SIAP

Alabama LB, former 5-star recruit Eyabi Anoma enters NCAA transfer portal

Anoma was suspended by the university earlier this summer and this latest development, according to sources, stems from a separate university level issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.