Starting a new job soon!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I have not had a particularly good day today. I will not bore you with the details because none of you would understand unless you worked in my profession. Let's just say I cannot wait to quit this job. I was feeling guilty and nervous about leaving and today sealed it for me. If this other job somehow falls through, I will still leave the current one.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
My second interview is Wednesday at 8AM. I am curious at how to dress for this. My first interview was just a lunch meetings, so I was dressed how I normally dress for work. This one is actually in the office. It is basically just so show me around the office and talk salary and benefits. Normally at an interview I would be dressed in a suit and tie, but this seems to also be a bit informal like the lunch thing last week. What do you guys think? Suit and tie or dress normally (dress pants with nice button down shirt no tie)?

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
My second interview is Wednesday at 8AM. I am curious at how to dress for this. My first interview was just a lunch meetings, so I was dressed how I normally dress for work. This one is actually in the office. It is basically just so show me around the office and talk salary and benefits. Normally at an interview I would be dressed in a suit and tie, but this seems to also be a bit informal like the lunch thing last week. What do you guys think? Suit and tie or dress normally (dress pants with nice button down shirt no tie)?
It's an interview. Dress for an interview unless you've been told differently.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Better slightly over than slightly under dressed.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
It's an interview. Dress for an interview unless you've been told differently.
Just second guessing myself, I guess. My friend that already works there thinks I have the job if I want it. He believes this is just a formality and I will be offered while I am there. Unless they offer an insultingly less amount of money I will accept.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Three weeks in and I almost feel like I'm cheating my current employer compared to my old job. In the last 6 working days (first 6 shadowing the guy I'll be replacing), I've worked about 30 hours. Don't really know what to do with the time I'm spending at home with Mrs. Dub.

Mind you, when I am working, it's hard work, hauling around a dozen 300 pound DI tanks per call and with one plumbing mod involving about 12 solid hours of labor, and there will be some 60 hour weeks (mostly driving), with a Saturday and Sunday in the next few weeks, but my goodness.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Looks like it will be next month. better pay, better benefits, more responsibility, better projects and a much nicer view. The only bad things is I have to wait a month.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Looks like it will be next month. better pay, better benefits, more responsibility, better projects and a much nicer view. The only bad things is I have to wait a month.
So did they officially offer you the job and did you accept it? Since you won't be starting for another month I definitely wouldn't put in my notice until two weeks before I started. A lot can happen in a month.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
So did they officially offer you the job and did you accept it? Since you won't be starting for another month I definitely wouldn't put in my notice until two weeks before I started. A lot can happen in a month.
Yes I have been offered and accepted, but I am holding off until 2 weeks before I start. The job they want me to work on could fall thru and delay my start day, so I am holding out. They actually told me I should wait to give notice, but to keep in touch. Now I need to make sure I get all my doctor visits and vacation days in before I leave. Plus get my resignation letter ready to go. I am excited about the change. Now I have to keep a poker face for a few weeks.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Three weeks in and I almost feel like I'm cheating my current employer compared to my old job. In the last 6 working days (first 6 shadowing the guy I'll be replacing), I've worked about 30 hours. Don't really know what to do with the time I'm spending at home with Mrs. Dub.

Mind you, when I am working, it's hard work, hauling around a dozen 300 pound DI tanks per call and with one plumbing mod involving about 12 solid hours of labor, and there will be some 60 hour weeks (mostly driving), with a Saturday and Sunday in the next few weeks, but my goodness.
If you're having to physically manage those tanks, you'll soon be built like a stevedore... :D

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yes I have been offered and accepted, but I am holding off until 2 weeks before I start. The job they want me to work on could fall thru and delay my start day, so I am holding out. They actually told me I should wait to give notice, but to keep in touch. Now I need to make sure I get all my doctor visits and vacation days in before I leave. Plus get my resignation letter ready to go. I am excited about the change. Now I have to keep a poker face for a few weeks.
That's not going to be easy...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I've learned this from personal experience, I would not exhaust every single vacay and/or sick day I had accrued JUST IN CASE the new job falls through. Odds are it won't happen. But I'd keep a few vacay days in your pocket and sick days as well. Regarding vacay days, if you don't use them before you leave they are considered earned wages so they have to pay them to you on your final check. Sick days they do not. They aren't considered "earned wages".

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
That's not going to be easy...
You don't know the half of it. The current project I am working on is cursed. Every single person that has worked on this project has left the firm. People have made jokes about the next to leave and I just have to sit there and laugh with them.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yeah give me a few months and I'm going to be jacked. Going to have to find some alternatives to fast food though. With all the time out all over the state, I'll be eating out a bunch. Got trips to Auburn and Enterprise next week.
On the road that much, you're going to have to exercise a lot of self-discipline. I've had friends who swore they'd never fall into the fast food trap when they had to travel that much and failed. It's just hard...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
On the road that much, you're going to have to exercise a lot of self-discipline. I've had friends who swore they'd never fall into the fast food trap when they had to travel that much and failed. It's just hard...
i have a buddy who is a pilot for delta. he resorted to only eating salads with grilled chicken on them while eating at airports. pretty much every fast food joint has them. you just have to have the discipline to order it and not smother it in dressing and you can eat relatively healthy.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.