Starting a new job soon! - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Re: Starting a new job soon!

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    Oddly enough this Atlanta firm doesn't do that much work in Georgia.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Here ya go. Now you're all set. You're welcome.

Basically Dub right now:

Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

I have not had a particularly good day today. I will not bore you with the details because none of you would understand unless you worked in my profession. Let's just say I cannot wait to quit this job. I was feeling guilty and nervous about leaving and today sealed it for me. If this other job somehow falls through, I will still leave the current one.

Roll Tide Roll

My second interview is Wednesday at 8AM. I am curious at how to dress for this. My first interview was just a lunch meetings, so I was dressed how I normally dress for work. This one is actually in the office. It is basically just so show me around the office and talk salary and benefits. Normally at an interview I would be dressed in a suit and tie, but this seems to also be a bit informal like the lunch thing last week. What do you guys think? Suit and tie or dress normally (dress pants with nice button down shirt no tie)?

Roll Tide Roll

Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    My second interview is Wednesday at 8AM. I am curious at how to dress for this. My first interview was just a lunch meetings, so I was dressed how I normally dress for work. This one is actually in the office. It is basically just so show me around the office and talk salary and benefits. Normally at an interview I would be dressed in a suit and tie, but this seems to also be a bit informal like the lunch thing last week. What do you guys think? Suit and tie or dress normally (dress pants with nice button down shirt no tie)?
    It's an interview. Dress for an interview unless you've been told differently.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Better slightly over than slightly under dressed.

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    Just second guessing myself, I guess. My friend that already works there thinks I have the job if I want it. He believes this is just a formality and I will be offered while I am there. Unless they offer an insultingly less amount of money I will accept.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Third Team

Like NT17 said, "its an interview", best to dress to impress! Suit and tie for sure.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    This. Even for informals you'll never catch me without a jacket and tie.
    Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

Three weeks in and I almost feel like I'm cheating my current employer compared to my old job. In the last 6 working days (first 6 shadowing the guy I'll be replacing), I've worked about 30 hours. Don't really know what to do with the time I'm spending at home with Mrs. Dub.

Mind you, when I am working, it's hard work, hauling around a dozen 300 pound DI tanks per call and with one plumbing mod involving about 12 solid hours of labor, and there will be some 60 hour weeks (mostly driving), with a Saturday and Sunday in the next few weeks, but my goodness.
    Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

Looks like it will be next month. better pay, better benefits, more responsibility, better projects and a much nicer view. The only bad things is I have to wait a month.

Roll Tide Roll

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Looks like it will be next month. better pay, better benefits, more responsibility, better projects and a much nicer view. The only bad things is I have to wait a month.
    So did they officially offer you the job and did you accept it? Since you won't be starting for another month I definitely wouldn't put in my notice until two weeks before I started. A lot can happen in a month.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    So did they officially offer you the job and did you accept it? Since you won't be starting for another month I definitely wouldn't put in my notice until two weeks before I started. A lot can happen in a month.
    Yes I have been offered and accepted, but I am holding off until 2 weeks before I start. The job they want me to work on could fall thru and delay my start day, so I am holding out. They actually told me I should wait to give notice, but to keep in touch. Now I need to make sure I get all my doctor visits and vacation days in before I leave. Plus get my resignation letter ready to go. I am excited about the change. Now I have to keep a poker face for a few weeks.

Roll Tide Roll