Starting a new job soon!
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Starting a new job soon!

I mentioned in passing a few weeks ago that I had been laid off. Well, I've gotten a new job and will be moving down to Warner Robins, GA in two weeks. The downside is that I will be even further from my family in Bham, but it's a good job with a defense contractor, so it should be insulated from economic weirdness.

Plus, I go from my 45-60 minute ATL commute to under 10 minutes. So now I'm packing up the ATL apartment. The move itself should be relatively easy, as I don't have all that much stuff.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Re: Starting a new job soon!

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    I mentioned in passing a few weeks ago that I had been laid off. Well, I've gotten a new job and will be moving down to Warner Robins, GA in two weeks. The downside is that I will be even further from my family in Bham, but it's a good job with a defense contractor, so it should be insulated from economic weirdness.

Plus, I go from my 45-60 minute ATL commute to under 10 minutes. So now I'm packing up the ATL apartment. The move itself should be relatively easy, as I don't have all that much stuff.
    Congratulations, brother.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Great to see you land on your feet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Good for you, jt. Warner Robbins may be farther from B'ham, but I think you will find the reduction in your stress levels and work commute worth the extra time getting to Bham. The only thing I know about WR is it is hot as blazes. There used to be an Air Force base there but suspect it is closed by now. Good luck.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    Good for you, jt. Warner Robbins may be farther from B'ham, but I think you will find the reduction in your stress levels and work commute worth the extra time getting to Bham. The only thing I know about WR is it is hot as blazes. There used to be an Air Force base there but suspect it is closed by now. Good luck.
    the base is still there. macon is also close by, my wife went to school there (mercer)
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Congrats J Thomas.....that's huge and I'm so happy to hear and you shared this with us.

Good luck with the move and best wishes going forward!
    "Old dog - new tricks"

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Congrats. I hope you love the new job.As I have told my kids, finding a job that you love, are excited about going to when you wake up in the morning and pays well enough is a great blessing. I have been pretty lucky in that regard.
    Good luck to you in the new digs.

BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

The cream rises to the top ,JT. congrats

Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Congrats sir!

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Piggybacking. With you there, brother. I just put in my notice at Children's this morning.
    Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Piggybacking. With you there, brother. I just put in my notice at Children's this morning.
    it damn near broke us being parents with a few long stints in children's. my wife and i were always amazed at (and thankful for) the folks who work there day in and day out. good luck with the job search/new job
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    it damn near broke us being parents with a few long stints in children's. my wife and i were always amazed at (and thankful for) the folks who work there day in and day out. good luck with the job search/new job
    Already got one. Dialysis, lab and sterilization central water systems. MarCor has hired me as their FSE for the entire state of Alabama. Lot of work, lot of travel, but with a far narrower focus and far more pay. Company truck and all that too.
    Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Roll Tide or war chicken oe whatever.

Good luck to you, Dub. Do you have anything else lined up or just taking early retirement? A man with your kind of money after all ...