Starting a new job soon!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I would say it wasn’t that long ago. Looks like it was just last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I posted it a week ago but it happened 3 weeks ago. I am a little apprehensive about leaving for a new job with an election year coming up because if there were to be lay offs the first one to go would be last one hired. Then again if I leave the right way, the current job would hire me back pretty quickly.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I posted it a week ago but it happened 3 weeks ago. I am a little apprehensive about leaving for a new job with an election year coming up because if there were to be lay offs the first one to go would be last one hired. Then again if I leave the right way, the current job would hire me back pretty quickly.
Sounds like the truth would serve you well - just say you're a little tired of institutional architecture and want to work on something more varied and challenging...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Sounds like the truth would serve you well - just say you're a little tired of institutional architecture and want to work on something more varied and challenging...
You are probably right. I don't think they will take it personally. I am waiting until the deadline is finished before I leave. The funny thing is everyone that has worked on this one project has left. This project has had 3 phases and someone has left after every phase. They even joked about me taking over the project and leaving. I have had to keep my poker face on through every joke.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
You are probably right. I don't think they will take it personally. I am waiting until the deadline is finished before I leave. The funny thing is everyone that has worked on this one project has left. This project has had 3 phases and someone has left after every phase. They even joked about me taking over the project and leaving. I have had to keep my poker face on through every joke.
Not an architect, but I would find working on a school deadly dull...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Not an architect, but I would find working on a school deadly dull...
It is. Plus there is a whole lot of hurrying up and waiting. They have meetings about when is the next meeting. The schools in the counties are all the same and if one even looks slightly different they freak. I need the change. I miss high end hotel work which is what I would be switching to.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It is. Plus there is a whole lot of hurrying up and waiting. They have meetings about when is the next meeting. The schools in the counties are all the same and if one even looks slightly different they freak. I need the change. I miss high end hotel work which is what I would be switching to.
That definitely sounds more interesting...

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Enjoying my new job 3 days in. In Norcross to do HR stuff and train.

First day was just having a huge book of policies, procedures and workmanship standards thrown at me and absorbing it. Yesterday I shadowed a guy on a couple of service calls to fix a pair of RO systems. Actually did all the electrical on a two phase booster pump on the second one (one of the major points of emphasis the guy I'm replacing had was that the new guy not be a complete moron with electricity).

Work is hard but extremely doable and often requires creativity to custom build flow paths and diagnose problems, so I'm really looking forward to that. The driving is something I'll have to get used to though.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Enjoying my new job 3 days in. In Norcross to do HR stuff and train.

First day was just having a huge book of policies, procedures and workmanship standards thrown at me and absorbing it. Yesterday I shadowed a guy on a couple of service calls to fix a pair of RO systems. Actually did all the electrical on a two phase booster pump on the second one (one of the major points of emphasis the guy I'm replacing had was that the new guy not be a complete moron with electricity).

Work is hard but extremely doable and often requires creativity to custom build flow paths and diagnose problems, so I'm really looking forward to that. The driving is something I'll have to get used to though.
Here ya go. Now you're all set. You're welcome.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Just an update for me. My interview went really well. Since we met for lunch they now want me to come by their office. We will talk salary and benefits then. They said they will need people middle of September. If all goes well I will leave my current for a new exciting job. I would be working on high rise hotels, fun stuff and no more government work especially schools.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Just an update for me. My interview went really well. Since we met for lunch they now want me to come by their office. We will talk salary and benefits then. They said they will need people middle of September. If all goes well I will leave my current for a new exciting job. I would be working on high rise hotels, fun stuff and no more government work especially schools.
just don't work at the sheraton atlanta ;)

6 cases of Legionnaires' disease follow visits to downtown Atlanta hotel

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.