Starting a new job soon!

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I mentioned in passing a few weeks ago that I had been laid off. Well, I've gotten a new job and will be moving down to Warner Robins, GA in two weeks. The downside is that I will be even further from my family in Bham, but it's a good job with a defense contractor, so it should be insulated from economic weirdness.

Plus, I go from my 45-60 minute ATL commute to under 10 minutes. So now I'm packing up the ATL apartment. The move itself should be relatively easy, as I don't have all that much stuff.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I mentioned in passing a few weeks ago that I had been laid off. Well, I've gotten a new job and will be moving down to Warner Robins, GA in two weeks. The downside is that I will be even further from my family in Bham, but it's a good job with a defense contractor, so it should be insulated from economic weirdness.

Plus, I go from my 45-60 minute ATL commute to under 10 minutes. So now I'm packing up the ATL apartment. The move itself should be relatively easy, as I don't have all that much stuff.
Congratulations, brother.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Good for you, jt. Warner Robbins may be farther from B'ham, but I think you will find the reduction in your stress levels and work commute worth the extra time getting to Bham. The only thing I know about WR is it is hot as blazes. There used to be an Air Force base there but suspect it is closed by now. Good luck.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Good for you, jt. Warner Robbins may be farther from B'ham, but I think you will find the reduction in your stress levels and work commute worth the extra time getting to Bham. The only thing I know about WR is it is hot as blazes. There used to be an Air Force base there but suspect it is closed by now. Good luck.
the base is still there. macon is also close by, my wife went to school there (mercer)

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Congrats. I hope you love the new job.As I have told my kids, finding a job that you love, are excited about going to when you wake up in the morning and pays well enough is a great blessing. I have been pretty lucky in that regard.
Good luck to you in the new digs.

Congrats sir!

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Piggybacking. With you there, brother. I just put in my notice at Children's this morning.
it damn near broke us being parents with a few long stints in children's. my wife and i were always amazed at (and thankful for) the folks who work there day in and day out. good luck with the job search/new job

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
it damn near broke us being parents with a few long stints in children's. my wife and i were always amazed at (and thankful for) the folks who work there day in and day out. good luck with the job search/new job
Already got one. Dialysis, lab and sterilization central water systems. MarCor has hired me as their FSE for the entire state of Alabama. Lot of work, lot of travel, but with a far narrower focus and far more pay. Company truck and all that too.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Piggybacking. With you there, brother. I just put in my notice at Children's this morning.
Roll Tide or war chicken oe whatever.

Good luck to you, Dub. Do you have anything else lined up or just taking early retirement? A man with your kind of money after all ...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
There was a point where I was becoming frustrated at my current job earlier this year. I dusted off the old resume and sent it out. I was offered a job the next day. My current job sensed something was up as I “seemed distracted”. I was open about it and they responded by offering me a raise to stay. I am going to stay. The other offer was in North Carolina anyway and I did not really want to leave for another state.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
There was a point where I was becoming frustrated at my current job earlier this year. I dusted off the old resume and sent it out. I was offered a job the next day. My current job sensed something was up as I “seemed distracted”. I was open about it and they responded by offering me a raise to stay. I am going to stay. The other offer was in North Carolina anyway and I did not really want to leave for another state.
and then last night I get 3 calls from 3 different people I used to work with asking me if I am interested in making a change.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I have an interview next Tuesday with another architecture firm. It will be back to the type of work I enjoy and no more government jobs. I have never had an informal interview like this. It is a lunch interview. I miss doing this type of work (hospitality), but I am tired of K-12 schools and this seems to be the direction of the current job. I would be going to a place that I already know about 3 or 4 people who have all vouched for me which is why my interview is going to be so informal. It wasn't that long ago that the current job convinced me to stay and now I might be bailing.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I have an interview next Tuesday with another architecture firm. It will be back to the type of work I enjoy and no more government jobs. I have never had an informal interview like this. It is a lunch interview. I miss doing this type of work (hospitality), but I am tired of K-12 schools and this seems to be the direction of the current job. I would be going to a place that I already know about 3 or 4 people who have all vouched for me which is why my interview is going to be so informal. It wasn't that long ago that the current job convinced me to stay and now I might be bailing.
Sometimes you got to roll the dice.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I would say it wasn’t that long ago. Looks like it was just last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.