Question: Fall Camp: Which new players will make an impact? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 54
  1. #27
    Administrator WMack4Bama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Posts
    11,121

    Re: Fall Camp: Which new players will make an impact?

    All of this I'm posting below is with the caveat that we make it out of Fall Camp with no injuries:

    On offense:

    LG will almost definitely be a TrF.

    Look for a youth movement at RB as the season progresses.

    Metchie would be WR1 on any other team in the country. But we have 4 other WR1s in front of him. He'll still see a lot of reps though. He catches any and everything within his zip code.

    On defense:

    The DL is where we'll see the biggest impact. For certain, you'll see a ton of youth along the defensive front providing depth. As many as 4 guys will see significant snaps. It will be similar to the 15-16 depth. The two biggest names in the recruiting cycle probably won't be among them though (different players adjust from HS to this level of college at different paces).

    Short term, experience is the answer inside next to Moses. But don't be surprised if youth wins out because of higher upside.

    On the back end, we're just about set, but don't be shocked if you see Turnage stealing reps. I've heard from multiple sources (I hate using that phrase. Makes me feel gross and creepy. Please forgive me) that he's too good to keep off the field.
    Last edited by WMack4Bama; July 31st, 2019 at 01:06 PM.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

    “Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

  2. #28
    Administrator WMack4Bama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Posts
    11,121

    Re: Fall Camp: Which new players will make an impact?

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    If they are good enough to play before Robinson then we are filthy sick at RB.
    Can confirm that we are
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

    “Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

  3. #29
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    11,771

    Re: Fall Camp: Which new players will make an impact?

    Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    All of this I'm posting below is with the caveat that we make it out of Fall Camp with no injuries:

    On offense:

    LG will almost definitely be a TrF.

    Look for a youth movement at RB as the season progresses.

    Metchie would be WR1 on any other team in the country. But we have 4 other WR1s in front of him. He'll still see a lot of reps though. He catches any and everything within his zip code.

    On defense:

    The DL is where we'll see the biggest impact. For certain, you'll see a ton of youth along the defensive front providing depth. As many as 4 guys will see significant snaps. It will be similar to the 15-16 depth. The two biggest names in the recruiting cycle probably won't be among them though (different players adjust from HS to this level of college at different paces).

    Short term, experience is the answer inside next to Moses. But don't be surprised if youth wins out because of higher upside.

    On the back end, we're just about set, but don't be shocked if you see Turnage stealing reps. I've heard from multiple sources (I hate using that phrase. Makes me feel gross and creepy. Please forgive me) that he's too good to keep off the field.
    Can't wait to see Metchie then. Sounds like the next "one" in a string of sticky handed elite receivers.

  4. #30
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,105

    Re: Fall Camp: Which new players will make an impact?

    Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    Look for a youth movement at RB as the season progresses.
    Interesting. Meaning both the TF or one in particular?

    Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    Metchie would be WR1 on any other team in the country. But we have 4 other WR1s in front of him. He'll still see a lot of reps though. He catches any and everything within his zip code.
    He might get more opportunities than some anticipate. It seems unlikely given the size of our top 4 WRs that all of them will make it through the entire season without missing games.

    Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    On the back end, we're just about set, but don't be shocked if you see Turnage stealing reps. I've heard from multiple sources (I hate using that phrase. Makes me feel gross and creepy. Please forgive me) that he's too good to keep off the field.
    This makes me feel even better about our secondary

  5. #31
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    73

    Re: Fall Camp: Which new players will make an impact?

    Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    That old boy couldn't even say RO-lando Mc-CLAIN.

    you are correct, but i still miss him.

  6. #32
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    18,804

    Re: Fall Camp: Which new players will make an impact?

    Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    That old boy couldn't even say RO-lando Mc-CLAIN.
    you mean John McCain's cousin Orlando McCain?
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

  7. #33
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    11,771

    Re: Fall Camp: Which new players will make an impact?

    Just one more day to wait until we start getting some answers!!! Can't wait to read the practice reports and see the media viewing videos!!!

    It's happening!!!

  8. #34
    BamaNation All-American CB4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    2,943

    Re: Fall Camp: Which new players will make an impact?

    Mack, I had someone tell me a few weeks back the same thing about Brandon Turnage. You can’t out work the kid and he is as solid a person you’ll find in terms of character. He was one of the first to commit in this class. And he never wavered.
    "A politician is a person that can smoke a cigar, down a shot of bourbon, kiss a baby, and talk out of both sides of their mouth all at the same time."

  9. #35
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Carefree, AZ
    Posts
    521

    Re: Fall Camp: Which new players will make an impact?

    Is there any place I can get a list of players and their numbers, so I know who I’m watching in the practice videos? Thanks

  10. #36
    BamaNation All-SEC The Ols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cumming,Ga.
    Posts
    1,277

    Re: Fall Camp: Which new players will make an impact?

    School's Athletic Website:

    http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-foo...otbl-body.html

    Quote Originally Posted by TiderinAZ View Post
    Is there any place I can get a list of players and their numbers, so I know who I’m watching in the practice videos? Thanks

  11. #37
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    73

    Re: Fall Camp: Which new players will make an impact?

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Can't wait to see Metchie then. Sounds like the next "one" in a string of sticky handed elite receivers.
    god bless em but we still have 4 'ones' on campus now, would love to see metchie but is there a possibility he redshirts? we are loaded at WR.

  12. #38
    BamaNation All-American CB4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    2,943

    Re: Fall Camp: Which new players will make an impact?

    Has anyone heard how Jalyn Armour-Davis is doing in terms of his recovery? I know this time last year the staff was very high in him prior to suffering a knee injury in early September.

  13. #39
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    8,766

    Re: Fall Camp: Which new players will make an impact?

    Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    Has anyone heard how Jalyn Armour-Davis is doing in terms of his recovery? I know this time last year the staff was very high in him prior to suffering a knee injury in early September.
    IIRC, he was with the 2's at CB in the spring game and was wearing a black, non-contact jersey. I would think he will be a full go for camp but have not heard anything definitively. If healthy he will be a contributor this year and think he could be a very good one in the year's to come.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear