Question: Fall Camp: Which new players will make an impact? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Fall Camp: Which new players will make an impact?

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    All of this I'm posting below is with the caveat that we make it out of Fall Camp with no injuries:

On offense:

LG will almost definitely be a TrF.

Look for a youth movement at RB as the season progresses.

Metchie would be WR1 on any other team in the country. But we have 4 other WR1s in front of him. He'll still see a lot of reps though. He catches any and everything within his zip code.

On defense:

The DL is where we'll see the biggest impact. For certain, you'll see a ton of youth along the defensive front providing depth. As many as 4 guys will see significant snaps. It will be similar to the 15-16 depth. The two biggest names in the recruiting cycle probably won't be among them though (different players adjust from HS to this level of college at different paces).

Short term, experience is the answer inside next to Moses. But don't be surprised if youth wins out because of higher upside.

On the back end, we're just about set, but don't be shocked if you see Turnage stealing reps. I've heard from multiple sources (I hate using that phrase. Makes me feel gross and creepy. Please forgive me) that he's too good to keep off the field.
    Could be, but maybe not, depending on what Landon Dickerson is able to do.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Don't think he's been mentioned but I hope Hoover’s Will Reichard either takes over the placekicking role or he pushes Bulovas to get a lot more consistent/dependable.

I think if either develops into a dependable kicker in just making the ones most kickers make then it'll be a HUGE boost to our offense and maybe take some pressure off the offense in the red zone. I actually think that factored into our play-calling last year in the red zone.

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    That old boy couldn't even say RO-lando Mc-CLAIN.
    Makes me wonder if Orlando McCain still has eligibility. We could use him this year
    to 16 and beyond........

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Could be, but maybe not, depending on what Landon Dickerson is able to do.
    I’m not posting what I think.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    Has anyone heard how Jalyn Armour-Davis is doing in terms of his recovery? I know this time last year the staff was very high in him prior to suffering a knee injury in early September.
    He’s running with the second team at corner. Had a good summer and is doing well in camp so far
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamabill123 View Post
    god bless em but we still have 4 'ones' on campus now, would love to see metchie but is there a possibility he redshirts? we are loaded at WR.
    I think we will have at least a 6-man rotation at WR and I think Metchie will be part of that. I actually think we may see 8 WR's play this year including Shavers, Metchie, Bolden and Williams. Metchie may only play in 4 games and still redshirt but I think he is too talented to play in just 4 games since most of our games are going to be routes in the 2nd half.

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Looks like you just did
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation All-American

Absolutely could be a freshman at LG. I'm just speculating that Dickerson might lend an interesting dynamic to the group. He's undeniably experienced. If he can just keep from getting hurt....

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Absolutely could be a freshman at LG. I'm just speculating that Dickerson might lend an interesting dynamic to the group. He's undeniably experienced. If he can just keep from getting hurt....
    There's a logjam of good players at OG right now for sure. 3 guys who have been starters either here or elsewhere (Dickerson, who was good enough to start as a TF), Ekiyor (who Saban put a lot of praise on through spring), and Neil, one of our highest ever rated OL. The questions for neil are #1) how quickly does he get the playbook (through Saban's tenure there have only been a few TF OL starters) and: #2) is his longer term position to take over at OT after wills/leatherwood, and if so does he have the versatility to play inside now or would it be better for him to take the #2 reps at OT. Some guys like leatherwood are versatile enough to play across the OL, but not all are.

I am drawing a complete blank on Dickerson. Who is Dickerson?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CraigD View Post
    I am drawing a complete blank on Dickerson. Who is Dickerson?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The transfer O-lineman from Florida St.

BamaNation Second Team

Whoever makes the move at OG, will they be able to hold off D. Brown once his suspension is completed?

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bama9001 View Post
    Whoever makes the move at OG, will they be able to hold off D. Brown once his suspension is completed?
    Not in my opinion. Brown is an NFL guard waiting for his turn.