Notre Dame is a product of media hype - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Notre Dame is a product

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    I am torn on the uga/domer game. On the one hand I hate notre dame, on the other I have to live in georgia and listen to uga fans.
    it will be one of the few times i will be cheering for the fighting irish.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    I think I rather UGA lose an SEC game than one to ND.
    those things do not have to be mutually exclusive
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by Blueguitar View Post
    I don't live there, but I would think that the last couple of years it would be a pleasure to live in Georgia. Certainly the few Georgia fans I run into around here (Virginia) seem to avoid eye contact and pass by quietly if I'm wearing any Bama gear. Clempson fans on the other hand
    i will admit, seeing their reactions as bama ripped their hearts out repeatedly since 2008 has been nice.

- George Orwell

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    Would rather face Notre Dame in the playoffs than Georgia. So, Notre Dame it is.
    Yep...especially if we got them in the semis but last year this backfired on us and Clemson got the easy game and we didn't. At any rate, I'd much rather have ND in the field than another tough out we'd have to go thru.

With the CFP, people can gripe all they want to about past "mythical" NC teams but since the days of the BCS and CFP this is THE only way NC teams are determined so I want the field to be as "easy" as possible if we are in it.

BamaNation Scout Team

I am torn on the uga/domer game. On the one hand I hate notre dame, on the other I have to live in georgia and listen to uga fans.
    Ditto. The Georgia fans are tough to live with.

BamaNation Scout Team

I enjoy reminding them that they were beat by our backup QB's ..... Twice.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    it will be one of the few times i will be cheering for the fighting irish.
    You're the kind of guy who watched "Jaws" and rooted for the shark, aren't you?

My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

It's brutal. Most of these clowns walk around crowing like they're the ones that won the last three heartbreakers. Legit, they talk like they own us???It's both hilarious and frustrating as heck at the same time...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueguitar View Post
    I don't live there, but I would think that the last couple of years it would be a pleasure to live in Georgia. Certainly the few Georgia fans I run into around here (Virginia) seem to avoid eye contact and pass by quietly if I'm wearing any Bama gear. Clempson fans on the other hand

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    You're the kind of guy who watched "Jaws" and rooted for the shark, aren't you?

....but, but, I've always kind of liked sharks, well not like Jim McElwain does maybe, but anyhow I kinda like them.....

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    It's brutal. Most of these clowns walk around crowing like they're the ones that won the last three heartbreakers. Legit, they talk like they own us???It's both hilarious and frustrating as heck at the same time...
    People that do not live here think we are exaggerating. We aren't.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation First Team LSUgrad2BamaDad's Avatar

Sure there is a lot of media hype around Notre Dame. They have the most prominent and powerful alumni amongst any of the major college football teams. It’s in the best interests of the networks to have ND relevant and have that fan base excited for their team.

I do have my doubts they will ever win it all again. Their culture doesn’t exactly attract a lot of elite athletes who place a career in the NFL as a high priority.
    "(The Campus Catholic Sudent Center) is going to be our legacy, Terry and I's legacy, that we're going to be as proud of as anything we've ever accomplished," -Nick Saban
    " I come in peace" -WSIV70 (my old user name)

BamaNation All-American Tide in Athens's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    i will admit, seeing their reactions as bama ripped their hearts out repeatedly since 2008 has been nice.
    It's even nicer in my neck of the woods.
    Welcome to our nightmare, Alice.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

People that do not live here think we are exaggerating. We aren't.
    Even before Kirby had flirted with a few championships the last few years, I've always said that UGA fans were the absolute worst fans I have ever been around. They've always been incredibly arrogant, and I've never figured out why. They have a pretty solid program, historically speaking, but I wouldn't even place them in front of their rival Auburn. They aren't even in the same ballpark with us in that conversation. They have been very well prepared to play us the last two years, but they made stupid decisions and choked the games away. That seems to represent UGA more than championships do, yet most of their fans I've encountered have a level of arrogance that would rival the Yankees in baseball. It's both confusing and laughable at the same time.