Notre Dame is a product of media hype

Tider6972

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 21, 2000
Montgomery, Al USA
of media hype and always - sure, a few good to great teams scattered in there -has been.

They made their record playing weak teams historically.

Their Big advantage was having the only and focused support of the Chicago/midwest's press.

I'm not saying they haven't had some legitimate teams, and certainly they've had some great players over time.

Over rated historically. jmho

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
Re: Notre Dame is a product

I agree they are typically overrated. However, I will never forget the losses Bama experienced to them in 1973 and i974 much less the "awarded" NC they received over an undefeated 1966 Bama team.

It will great to watch Georgia play them this year.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

I am torn on the uga/domer game. On the one hand I hate notre dame, on the other I have to live in georgia and listen to uga fans.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I agree they are typically overrated. However, I will never forget the losses Bama experienced to them in 1973 and i974 much less the "awarded" NC they received over an undefeated 1966 Bama team.

It will great to watch Georgia play them this year.
Might be the first time I've ever rooted for ND. :cool:

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

I want UGA to win just to go ahead and eliminate ND from the playoffs.

They will only be in contention for a Playoff spot by being undefeated like last year and 2012.

UGA otoh can easily afford a non-conference loss to ND and still be a 'Fly in the Ointment'.

There is no positive effect on us or anyone else for ND to win that game.

Last edited:

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere

Overrated in 2012 and 2018? Hard to deny based on BCSCG and CFP performance in those years. Historically? Well, I won’t argue a traditional power is overrated historically when we have a losing record against them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015

I am torn on the uga/domer game. On the one hand I hate notre dame, on the other I have to live in georgia and listen to uga fans.
The loudest rooster is usually the first one in the pot. I enjoy pumping up the Bulldog strut. I will later rub the beat down they are sure to receive in with the aw shucks smile. Nothing like jerking a bulldog's chain :) Disliking Ga and hating the Dummers is a good way to be a BAMA fan.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Overall, I would say that ND has been good for college football. They are steeped in history and anything good for the sport is ok in my book. That said, they represent the history that has not realized itself in the modern era so much regardless of those who would pump them up. That is not to say they will not get a generational coach who will lead them back to glory days but, as it stands, they might as well be relegated to historical context when talking about today's game no matter how many times the media puts them into the playoffs.

Blueguitar

3rd Team
Nov 19, 2017

I don't live there, but I would think that the last couple of years it would be a pleasure to live in Georgia. Certainly the few Georgia fans I run into around here (Virginia) seem to avoid eye contact and pass by quietly if I'm wearing any Bama gear. :cool: Clempson fans on the other hand:mad:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

I don't live there, but I would think that the last couple of years it would be a pleasure to live in Georgia. Certainly the few Georgia fans I run into around here (Virginia) seem to avoid eye contact and pass by quietly if I'm wearing any Bama gear. :cool: Clempson fans on the other hand:mad:
i will admit, seeing their reactions as bama ripped their hearts out repeatedly since 2008 has been nice.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Would rather face Notre Dame in the playoffs than Georgia. So, Notre Dame it is.
Yep...especially if we got them in the semis but last year this backfired on us and Clemson got the easy game and we didn't. At any rate, I'd much rather have ND in the field than another tough out we'd have to go thru.

With the CFP, people can gripe all they want to about past "mythical" NC teams but since the days of the BCS and CFP this is THE only way NC teams are determined so I want the field to be as "easy" as possible if we are in it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.