DNC debates - July 30, 31, 2019 - Schedule info and discussion thread

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Can’t wait to get my free stuff. The only downside will be when we have no vehicles to transport teams and fans to games. Can’t wait to be like Venezuela. Things are going well there. Thank you Squad.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Can’t wait to get my free stuff. The only downside will be when we have no vehicles to transport teams and fans to games. Can’t wait to be like Venezuela. Things are going well there. Thank you Squad.
We can depend on you to keep the debate on a high level... :D

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
John Delaney sucks so much. Joe Biden, John Delaney, and Kamala Harris are the perfect examples of the failure in preaching the politics of what is possible.

At least Kamala has the decency to dress up her crappy plans with a lot of afro-this, underprivileged-that when what it will do amounts to not even a hill of beans.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The Log Cabin Republicans on my facebook feed are up in arms over Buttigieg's use of religious messaging in politics, calling it "toxic" without a shred of irony or self-awareness. It's honestly hilarious.

I guess this is the moment they're talking about from last night:

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1156386104985174016

so called christians don't like their so called christianity pointed out ;)

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
so called christians don't like their so called christianity pointed out ;)
I must be forgetting the parable where Jesus supplied poor people with bootstraps and locked them in cages as a divine motivational technique.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
I must be forgetting the parable where Jesus supplied poor people with bootstraps and locked them in cages as a divine motivational technique.
BornOnThirdBasians 2:7 said:
Thou whoist benefited greatly due to their family connections, shall strive to ensure those opportunities are not available for others. For nothing brings people closer to god than to be reminded every day that their only problem is laziness.
I thought Pete did really well. He essentially kept a clean sheet by not going after Sanders or Warren. He was already qualified for September so he and Beto really had far more to lose from a bad performance than what could be gained by a great performance.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I thought Pete did really well. He essentially kept a clean sheet by not going after Sanders or Warren. He was already qualified for September so he and Beto really had far more to lose from a bad performance than what could be gained by a great performance.
Agreed. Warren, Sanders, and Pete were the strongest last night. As expected.

I suppose Klobachar could be a decent VP pick for a male nominee. It worries me how much applause Williamson was getting. Delaney raises legitimate points in the most annoying way possible. And I forgot about everyone else on the stage.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Agreed. Warren, Sanders, and Pete were the strongest last night. As expected.

I suppose Klobachar could be a decent VP pick for a male nominee. It worries me how much applause Williamson was getting. Delaney raises legitimate points in the most annoying way possible. And I forgot about everyone else on the stage.
As the number of candidates are winnowed I think anyone with the idea of medicare for all without some form of transition is going to be painted, and in this instance I think rightly so, as living in Lala land. As an aside, I don't think it is any more of Lala land than some of the candidates thinking that they will get cooperation from republicans on anything they want to do.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I recorded the debate and started watching at nine o’cloCk. The moderators were horrible. They were enforcing the rules with no regard to the point the candidate was trying to make. After two hours I’d had enough.

I just don’t see how the country can afford Medicare for all, wipe out student loans, health care for immigrants, and $500 billion for a “debt owed.” These policies will move “on the fence” voters to vote again for Trump IMO.

I really hope Pete Buttigieg gets the veep nomination. He strikes me as a guy who has thoroughly studied the issues and he’s smart enough to come up with solutions. I’ve started contributing to his campaign.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If there was one take away from last night it was that the DNC doesn’t want Sanders, Pete, and Warren. All the no chance candidates had their marching orders to expose the independents to their struggles vs Trump on economic and social reforms. They executed it well.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.