DNC debates - July 30, 31, 2019 - Schedule info and discussion thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Re: DNC debates - July 30, 31, 2019 - Schedule info and discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by bamamc1 View Post
    Can’t wait to get my free stuff. The only downside will be when we have no vehicles to transport teams and fans to games. Can’t wait to be like Venezuela. Things are going well there. Thank you Squad.
    We can depend on you to keep the debate on a high level...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame rolltide_21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    We can depend on you to keep the debate on a high level...
    To be fair hes from Winston Co. More people here voted for Trump per capita than any other county in the US. Im surrounded by them everywhere, haha. There were less than 50 third party voters among the 10k votes in 2016. Two of them were my wife and me.

https://www.al.com/news/2018/11/why-...president.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame

John Delaney sucks so much. Joe Biden, John Delaney, and Kamala Harris are the perfect examples of the failure in preaching the politics of what is possible.

At least Kamala has the decency to dress up her crappy plans with a lot of afro-this, underprivileged-that when what it will do amounts to not even a hill of beans.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

The Log Cabin Republicans on my facebook feed are up in arms over Buttigieg's use of religious messaging in politics, calling it "toxic" without a shred of irony or self-awareness. It's honestly hilarious.

I guess this is the moment they're talking about from last night:

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1156386104985174016

CNN: "Hey Pete: you're young, he's old. Discuss."

Kudos to Bernie and Buttigieg for refusing to take that bait.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1156392437889294338

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    The Log Cabin Republicans on my facebook feed are up in arms over Buttigieg's use of religious messaging in politics, calling it "toxic" without a shred of irony or self-awareness. It's honestly hilarious.

I guess this is the moment they're talking about from last night:

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1156386104985174016

so called christians don't like their so called christianity pointed out
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    so called christians don't like their so called christianity pointed out
    I must be forgetting the parable where Jesus supplied poor people with bootstraps and locked them in cages as a divine motivational technique.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    I wonder what the "Raise your hand" question will be tonight?
    Are you wearing "Sure" deodorant?

(It's an OLD commercial, for those who don't get it).
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Pete's Episcopalian. Forgive us we are the spark notes of christianity.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation All-American

I must be forgetting the parable where Jesus supplied poor people with bootstraps and locked them in cages as a divine motivational technique.
    Quote Originally Posted by BornOnThirdBasians 2:7
    Thou whoist benefited greatly due to their family connections, shall strive to ensure those opportunities are not available for others. For nothing brings people closer to god than to be reminded every day that their only problem is laziness.
    I thought Pete did really well. He essentially kept a clean sheet by not going after Sanders or Warren. He was already qualified for September so he and Beto really had far more to lose from a bad performance than what could be gained by a great performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump
    We're going to have insurance for everybody, there was a philosophy in some circles that if you can't pay for it, you don't get it. That's not going to happen with us.They can expect to have great health care. It will be in a much simplified form. Much less expensive and much better. Source
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama
    If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan. Source
    Can you guess which quote branded a president as a habitual liar?

Quote Originally Posted by chanson78 View Post
    I thought Pete did really well. He essentially kept a clean sheet by not going after Sanders or Warren. He was already qualified for September so he and Beto really had far more to lose from a bad performance than what could be gained by a great performance.
    Agreed. Warren, Sanders, and Pete were the strongest last night. As expected.

I suppose Klobachar could be a decent VP pick for a male nominee. It worries me how much applause Williamson was getting. Delaney raises legitimate points in the most annoying way possible. And I forgot about everyone else on the stage.

BamaNation All-American

Agreed. Warren, Sanders, and Pete were the strongest last night. As expected.

I suppose Klobachar could be a decent VP pick for a male nominee. It worries me how much applause Williamson was getting. Delaney raises legitimate points in the most annoying way possible. And I forgot about everyone else on the stage.
    As the number of candidates are winnowed I think anyone with the idea of medicare for all without some form of transition is going to be painted, and in this instance I think rightly so, as living in Lala land. As an aside, I don't think it is any more of Lala land than some of the candidates thinking that they will get cooperation from republicans on anything they want to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump
    We're going to have insurance for everybody, there was a philosophy in some circles that if you can't pay for it, you don't get it. That's not going to happen with us.They can expect to have great health care. It will be in a much simplified form. Much less expensive and much better. Source
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama
    If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan. Source
    Can you guess which quote branded a president as a habitual liar?

BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar

I recorded the debate and started watching at nine o’cloCk. The moderators were horrible. They were enforcing the rules with no regard to the point the candidate was trying to make. After two hours I’d had enough.

I just don’t see how the country can afford Medicare for all, wipe out student loans, health care for immigrants, and $500 billion for a “debt owed.” These policies will move “on the fence” voters to vote again for Trump IMO.

I really hope Pete Buttigieg gets the veep nomination. He strikes me as a guy who has thoroughly studied the issues and he’s smart enough to come up with solutions. I’ve started contributing to his campaign.