DNC debates - July 30, 31, 2019 - Schedule info and discussion thread

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Another frustrating debate in which the moderators consistently 1. tried to create conflict and 2. cut people off as they were getting into the important details.

Booker was the most consistently good in his responses.

Gillibrand had some good moments.

I'm going to keep Bennet's responses on tape for the next time I have insomnia.

Castro was good, but wasn't called on much.

Biden was up and down.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Whew....as long as it's not the Russians.....I'm good. :)
Do you really think debates decide committed people’s minds or are they designed to influence independent fence voters? If you really think the former then you really should watch the spin because it was filled with a lot of Biden praising and fear mongering of a Sanders nomination.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Jesus she dragged 'er
I skipped the last hour, but Harris was having the worst night of anyone across either debate. Her numbers were already falling like a feather in vacuum, and I expect that she might trade places with Booker after this catastrophe.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I made it through 45 minutes but, had to turn on PBS Oklahoma and watch Lawrence Welk reruns. I'm with Earle, if I decide to watch anymore of the debates it will be on reruns. Harris looked a little shaky at times and think Biden had an up and down performance. Moderators need to be fired today, they did their best to create hostility between the candidates.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I skipped the last hour, but Harris was having the worst night of anyone across either debate. Her numbers were already falling like a feather in vacuum, and I expect that she might trade places with Booker after this catastrophe.
I thought Harris held her ground pretty well. She was under attack quite a bit. I haven’t seen the last hour yet.

Biden looked good one minute and stammered the next. He was also under attack, especially by de Blasio. I don’t think a Biden/Harris ticket is possible.

I was pretty shocked at Booker’s expletive. It’s probably no big deal. I’d just never heard that word used on prime time network TV. I don’t watch prime time TV so for all I know that’s commonplace now.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I was pretty shocked at Booker’s expletive. It’s probably no big deal. I’d just never heard that word used on prime time network TV. I don’t watch prime time TV so for all I know that’s commonplace now.
Yeah, if anyone watching didn't realize he was quoting Trump, that'll come across very poorly.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Do you really think debates decide committed people’s minds or are they designed to influence independent fence voters? If you really think the former then you really should watch the spin because it was filled with a lot of Biden praising and fear mongering of a Sanders nomination.
I agree.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Unfortunately, I am like millions of other voters. We cant vote in the primary so we don't watch these 'debates'.
I'll start watching when its Trump vs D but even that wont matter much this year because when we are dealing with an unfit narcissist pathological liar who should be indicted.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Remind me how Gingrich did in 2012, again..

FACT: he won 2 primaries, one of them his home state.

He LOST in the South to TWO former officeholders from the north........

OPINION: what a winning strategy!!!!!
I'll try to explain my reasoning...

Gingrich got a substantial boost right after his stunt, reading the link tells us that. We have quite a few candidates that won't make it to the next debate. By "going Gingrich", an obscure candidate that's on their way out might could postpone that day by enjoying a temporary bump, exactly like Gingrich did.

So, yes, in my opinion, that would be a winning strategy, even if you can't see that. It would allow an otherwise excluded candidate to remain in the contest.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I must admit that, until it narrows down, I watch the reruns...
I want Trump out so desperately anybody running against him has my vote. I've tried watching some of the debates live, but it's so discouraging to see them squabbling and taking cheap shots at each other while the house is burning down...

They ought to turn every answer to every question into running Trump down and reminding decent people what a nightmare we currently have in power. That's not even hard to do. Let the chips fall where they may, without deliberately making the nominee vulnerable to not winning.

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
Bamaroo, this is one I've never heard of. Why can't millions, or you vote in a primary ? If you wish to switch party affiliation it's as simple as changing your registration. Just curious .

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Bamaroo, this is one I've never heard of. Why can't millions, or you vote in a primary ? If you wish to switch party affiliation it's as simple as changing your registration. Just curious .
Bamaro must have married into the Bubbaloo family......and is now Bamaroo.....:D

J/K!

It's a good question to ask though.

I'm in the same boat but for me I don't mind missing a primary - as long as I can vote in the general - that's my objective.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.