Julio Jones and Amari Cooper (NFL contract question - watch the teaser titles)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: Julio Jones and Amari Cooper (NFL contract question - watch the teaser titles))

With Michael Thomas of the Saint's signing his new deal. What can Julio and Cooper expect to get from their respective teams money wise?
Jerry Jones is aware, I'm sure.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Re: Julio Jones and Amari Cooper (NFL contract question - watch the teaser titles))

I imagine Julio is going to get big money. I'm not sure whats going to happen to Cooper. He'll get paid but he might not end up getting as much as he wants unless he leaves Dallas.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I imagine Julio is going to get big money. I'm not sure whats going to happen to Cooper. He'll get paid but he might not end up getting as much as he wants unless he leaves Dallas.
Could be true. J. Jones makes weird decisions on personnel all the time. But I know the "fans" immediately fell in love with "Cooooooooop."

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

I read that they're both content on waiting for their deals to come together. The Johnson signing helped Julio more, because he can ask for $20 mil+ now. Amari knows and even admitted that he wasn't in the same league as Julio yet, but will be soon. His number is in the $18.5 mil range. I think they can franchise him @ $18 mil. next year, so why not just get the deal done? Bama...WRU!!! RTR!!!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I would think Amari would get a deal in free agency unless Jones wants to keep Dak, Zeke, and Amari all at high contracts. Which with salary cap restrictions wouldn't be a huge amount.

Julio probably could demand some mega numbers, and Atlanta would pay them. But I think he might be too much of a team player, and is happy with Atlanta to make them hurt to get a record breaking deal. More or less his numbers are going to be based off if he wants to leave Atlanta.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I would think Amari would get a deal in free agency unless Jones wants to keep Dak, Zeke, and Amari all at high contracts. Which with salary cap restrictions wouldn't be a huge amount.

Julio probably could demand some mega numbers, and Atlanta would pay them. But I think he might be too much of a team player, and is happy with Atlanta to make them hurt to get a record breaking deal. More or less his numbers are going to be based off if he wants to leave Atlanta.
Agreed. I'm sure Julio's agent is going to push to have him be the highest paid WR which he deserves but as you say Julio will be a good team player and except less to make them stronger across the board.

If Coop had been a little more consistent in Oakland he would be looking for that kind of $ but with Dak and Zeke both negotiating also he want get the $20m/year.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

If Coop had been a little more consistent in Oakland he would be looking for that kind of $ but with Dak and Zeke both negotiating also he want get the $20m/year.
I think he wasn't going to do really more than what he did at Oakland. Oakland is just a cesspool of bad ideas from the owner to the head coach.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I think he wasn't going to do really more than what he did at Oakland. Oakland is just a cesspool of bad ideas from the owner to the head coach.
Agreed but Coop did have a lot of drops in OAK (I think he lead the league a year or two).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.