USA Today / Amway Coaches Poll

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
So if the season goes according to script there are 3 games that will determine the playoff teams.

1. Alabama-Georgia (SECCG) winner
2. Oklahoma - Texas winner
3. Ohio State-Michigan winner

We can assume the 4th team will be Clemson since they have no serious competition in the ACC.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
...or two SEC teams get in again...
So if the season goes according to script there are 3 games that will determine the playoff teams.

1. Alabama-Georgia (SECCG) winner
2. Oklahoma - Texas winner
3. Ohio State-Michigan winner

We can assume the 4th team will be Clemson since they have no serious competition in the ACC.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I honestly can't see Florida ranked that high with the QB (Franks) that they have. IMO, he is terrible... :cool2:

BamaFanatJSU

1st Team
Apr 24, 2008
Rainbow City, AL
With their schedule they probably will.

And I'm good with that.
It's amazing to think that just a few years ago, pundits were ready to declare the SEC dead and the ACC as the best conference in football. Fast forward to 2019 and, yes, they have the reigning NC, but the only other ACC team in the top 25 is a Syracuse squad that I seriously doubt is the 22nd best unit in the country. Oh, and the SEC has 6 of the top 16 teams. Consistency is a beautiful thing.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I like it. I had 1,2,3 as Clemson, UGA, Bama in my preseason poll. As long as we're in the top 4 at the end of the regular season, I love it.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I expected Clemson to be #1 but I thought we may get a few more #1 votes. Let's see how Clemson handles being on top and being the talk of the college football world. This is different that it was when they won it all in 2016. In 2017 Clemson was pre-season #5 in the AP and Coaches poll.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
It's amazing to think that just a few years ago, pundits were ready to declare the SEC dead and the ACC as the best conference in football. Fast forward to 2019 and, yes, they have the reigning NC, but the only other ACC team in the top 25 is a Syracuse squad that I seriously doubt is the 22nd best unit in the country. Oh, and the SEC has 6 of the top 16 teams. Consistency is a beautiful thing.
Yep.... Clemson has taken the old role of Florida State feasting on an easy ACC schedule.

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
We really don't need to knock on their schedule - the conference schedule is what it is - they don't control that. Plus they are playing 2 SEC schools (Texas A&M & So Carolina) in their out of conference schedule that they control. We don't have a killer schedule this year either.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
We really don't need to knock on their schedule - the conference schedule is what it is - they don't control that. Plus they are playing 2 SEC schools (Texas A&M & So Carolina) in their out of conference schedule that they control. We don't have a killer schedule this year either.
We play those same two teams also. Not to mention LSU, Miss St, and Auburn. Their schedule isn’t in the same stratosphere at ours...

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
We play those same two teams also. Not to mention LSU, Miss St, and Auburn. Their schedule isn’t in the same stratosphere at ours...
Oh god! The comparisons between how we beat TAMU and S. Carolina and how Clemson does will be endless this year.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Oh god! The comparisons between how we beat TAMU and S. Carolina and how Clemson does will be endless this year.
Yep, it will be compared a lot. We play both those games away but I think Clemson gets both those teams at home. We will still win but it is more difficult to win at those road games.

EnterBama

Scout Team
Oct 24, 2018
Except, they lose to A&M at home in week 2 according to my prediction.
I tend to agree. Clemson lost a lot, especially on defense. I just don't see how they replace all those draft picks by week two against what should be a tough A&M.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
[/B]With the possible exception of A&M, I`m at a loss as to who Clemson couldn`t sleep walk through considering their clown car of a conference.
That's the thing though. Clemson has a tendency to move into sleep walk mode and have it bite (Pitt 2016, Syracuse 2017) and almost bite (Syracuse 2018) them in the butt. That might be what brings them an L this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.