Kyriq McDonald granted immediate eligibility at Cincinnati - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team LSUgrad2BamaDad's Avatar

Re: Kyriq McDonald granted immediate eligibility at Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by colbysullivan View Post
    Seriously though, this is ridiculous. College football does not need free agency.
    Agree 100%. I do like the graduate transfer rule.

Wouldn't it be cool if coaches under contract had to sit a year before they can be on the field for their new school/team? If they are fired or fulfill the terms of the contract, then they would be eligible to coach immediately. Obviously, this wouldn't affect coaches that come from the NFL or Juco.
    "(The Campus Catholic Sudent Center) is going to be our legacy, Terry and I's legacy, that we're going to be as proud of as anything we've ever accomplished," -Nick Saban
    " I come in peace" -WSIV70 (my old user name)

BamaNation All-SEC BamaBoySince89's Avatar

I say SAís should get one transfer without penalty. Anything after that, one year sit, 5 years to play 4.

BamaNation Third Team

My opinion is that if you are an undergrad and you choose to transfer before you graduate then you must sit a year. No exceptions.
    Otherwise, full scale recruiting of any outstanding athlete is never going to end.
    Say a school signs the highest rated five star running back in America and he doesn't win the starters job as a freshman.
    Every major power five school is going to do non-stop recruiting of that unfortunate young man and they'll be making promises that they have no idea if they can keep. It will make everybody miserable....the player, his coaches, his parents, everybody. And it takes away the requirement that you actually have to compete in order to be a starter in major college football. If you don't win the job just go to a school who guarantees that you will but, in all honesty, who can't guarantee anything.
    Some might ask, "But what if he needs to be closer to home because of a family emergency"?
    He still needs to sit a year, ESPECIALLY if he has a family emergency. He needs the time to devote to his family and not to his football career. Family is more important.
    Finally...we can't leave every case to the judgement of the NCAA. That's like going to Dairy Queen and ordering, "A Total Nonsense Burger and a Cluster please".
    Simply make it the same for everyone. Just make it fair. Let the rule be the rule and everybody, like it or not has to live by it.

I might be in the minority here but I'm happy for the kid.

"Old dog - new tricks"

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post

I am, too. Just wish we could benefit, as well.
    A
    A
    Well, get un-tired, because tonite is 2-for-1 crab legs at Captain OíLanders.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post

Iím very happy for him. However, Iím biased. I was one of his High School coaches, so Iím very glad that he is getting to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I'm not a fan of The Portal. What I have seen is it abused by players and the NCAA.
    I would have had a hard and fast rule of Graduates only.
    These days many coaches don't know what they are gonna have for a team.
    Being at the mercy of an immature kid is the last thing football needs. It's past time for an Adult to come in the room, and make changes.
    I doubt the NCAA fixing the problem they created.
    (I'm not a fan of the NCAA either.)
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; August 3rd, 2019 at 12:19 AM. Reason: format

Kyriq McDonald granted immediate eligibility at Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    I'm not a fan of The Portal. What I have seen is it abused by players and the NCAA.
    I would have had a hard and fast rule of Graduates only.
    These days many coaches don't know what they are gonna have for a team.
    Being at the mercy of an immature kid is the last thing football needs. It's past time for an Adult to come in the room, and make changes.
    I doubt the NCAA fixing the problem they created.
    (I'm not a fan of the NCAA either.)
    The Portal is getting a bad rap by many. Things havenít changed from previous years as far as the transfer process. The only difference is the players considering a transfer is now public.

And btw, the NCAA has mentioned some remedies to some of the recent issues raised my some about the waiver process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RTR91; August 3rd, 2019 at 12:57 PM.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar

Kyriq left his Alabama Orange Bowl jacket on the airplane. I wasn't even sure whose it was but thought it might be Kyriq's. He didn't ask for it, yet I knew the right thing to do was try to return it (even though I really wanted to keep it LOL). Now I wish I would have just kept it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Just imagine if we would have had two years of Colin Peek. GT done away with TE's and yet the NZAA told him tough luck.
    I need you out there slinging coconuts and pineapples!

BamaNation Hall of Fame

It is time to get rid of the year in residence. What exists now is an exploitable loophole for the players and destination schools combined with the patented unpredictable prejudices of the NCAA. Either all undergrad transfers sit a year or all can transfer and play immediately. At least that is my opinion. I lean towards play immediately but I realize that may have far reaching repercussions.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

One thing I've learned since becoming an adult is that bureaucrats will never allow themselves to be boxed in by rules. They love latitude. So the ncaa will never have any hard and fast transfer rules.

My opinion is as long as the kid is in good academic standing with his current school, let him transfer. Most kids are going to stay with you if you are running a good program. If a kid isn't happy, and you try and can't make him happy, he's better off leaving anyway.

Take the ncaa decision makers out of it. JMO.

BamaNation All-American

A student who earns a degree is not a transfer. Shouldn’t be any restrictions. Everyone else sits a year. The ncaa is clueless and ineffective as usual. The standard is just whatever they feel like on a particular day. “Stupid is as stupid does.”
    Roll Tide