Urban will be a terrible analyst

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Meyer actually has 3 national championships (two with FL and one with OSU). More importantly, he did it while competing in the two toughest conferences in college football, with different players and different coaching staffs. He might know a little something about the game.

That said, a lot of other analysts know the game, too. I hope he shares his knowledge rather than talking to the lowest common denominator among the viewing masses, which has come to be the role of today's sports analyst.

FairlyAmazing

Scout Team
Mar 17, 2019
Yeah, hopefully he can tell us team A needs to make first downs, keep the ball, and prevent team B's offense from getting on the field.

And team B has got to "find a way" to get their defense off the field.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Yeah, hopefully he can tell us team A needs to make first downs, keep the ball, and prevent team B's offense from getting on the field.

Either you've never listened to his analysis or your bias simply won't let you admit that he's good.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Agreed...Someone or something can be good and you don't have to like it...I hate the Yankees, but they're the best organization (historically) in baseball...
Either you've never listened to his analysis or your bias simply won't let you admit that he's good.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Do you even understand what a color analyst does during a game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Do you even understand what a color analyst does during a game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seeing how most people don’t understand what the job of a point-counterpoint panelist is I would not be surprised if most don’t understand what a color analyst job is.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
When Urban retired the first time for health reasons I remember watching him on ESPN and I was impressed with his analysis, so we need to separate his personality from his football knowledge. He may not be a nice guy but I think as an analyst he will be better than average.

FairlyAmazing

Scout Team
Mar 17, 2019
Normally, I don't listen to the rhetoric.

Too bad the poor fans in the stands don't have someone to help them understand what's going on.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Normally, I don't listen to the rhetoric.

Too bad the poor fans in the stands don't have someone to help them understand what's going on.
If all you hear a color analyst say is "Team A needs to get the first down here or Team B is going to get the ball back," you aren't actually listening.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Perhaps I should change my original statement of "terrible analyst" to "terrible interview"... :cool2:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

I agree. His demeanor and delivery might not be all that great, but I suspect he will bring a lot to the table when it comes to insightful commentary and analysis. The man has one of the best win percentages at his number of games coached of ALL time—in fact, only Knute Rockne and Frank Leahy have better ones.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
The thing that always baffles me is the folks who have disdain for the media become the media.

Of course part of it could be that they think (know) they know more than your typical yahoos so they believe they can do it better.

That said, I'll take 10 of Urban over 1 of Beth Mowins every day of the week and four times on Saturdays.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.