Urban will be a terrible analyst

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

I have nothing good to say about the guy
If it turns out that that's legitimate, and that UM did in fact intend to spread statements about us that he knew to be untrue at the time he intended to spread them, simply to gain a recruiting advantage, I will change my stance.

He will go from a good football mind with character flaws to an unmitigated scumbag whose every utterance is subject to scrutiny that would make the combination of a colonoscopy, endoscopy, and an IRS audit would look like a nod in the hallway between two passing office workers.

If true, he will join my Arya Stark list -- Fulmer, Dickey, Johanneigmeier, Kramer, Adams, Sanford, Martin, Smith, Locke, Jelks, Frost, Dye, Housel,...and Meyer.

On that list, probably to my own eternal detriment, I don't forget for one nanosecond, and I will never forgive in 10,000 eons.

Last edited:

GboyBama

3rd Team
May 7, 2010
Mobile, AL
UM... I disapprove of him about at much as I can, with a person I don't know personally.

He appears utterly self serving and without scruples to me.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If it turns out that that's legitimate, and that UM did in fact intend to spread statements about us that he knew to be untrue at the time he intended to spread them, simply to gain a recruiting advantage, I will change my stance.
Since this is being reported as part of the released investigation information from OSU, it may very well be legit. I don't really know the guy tweeting it out, but he has to know that he will be exposed as a fraud if it is wrong, so it is probably legit.

No matter his intent (as a joke or a true effort to deflect), this really changes nothing for me. Meyer has already shown us his character. This is certainly no worse that many of the other things that he has done.

Great coach, horrible human being.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
More info on the story today. Sounds like we may have actually offered Zach Smith the passing game coordinator position?
Since this is being reported as part of the released investigation information from OSU, it may very well be legit. I don't really know the guy tweeting it out, but he has to know that he will be exposed as a fraud if it is wrong, so it is probably legit.

No matter his intent (as a joke or a true effort to deflect), this really changes nothing for me. Meyer has already shown us his character. This is certainly no worse that many of the other things that he has done.

Great coach, horrible human being.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Looks like Saban did interview him. Sure Zach used that to get a raise, claiming that he had been offered the job. The whole story is on AL.com.

Saban did not offer after a background check but from the full text it appears that Meyer believed that Zach had a legit offer.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Ha - that reminds me.

Speaking of names....and completely off thread topic......friend of mine was on the pro surfing circuit back in the 80's.

His name is Jimmy Lane and he was in Australia during the contest season there. The Aussies LOVE their nicknames.....so they called him "Lois".....get it...Lois Lane!

It's really a sign of affection to be called a nickname in Oz.

OK back to Urban......:)

FairlyAmazing

Scout Team
Mar 17, 2019
"Analyst" came about like "MSRP".

They serve no actual purpose.....yet, one day they were just "there".
They tell you what teams are trying to do. ( duh! )
They tell you what you just saw.
They're extremely inflated.

Yet, most dummies gulp down their rhetoric like they're drinking a milkshake.

Last edited by a moderator:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.