Fall Camp is Here

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Here's the kickoff press conference from Coach Saban:

Highlights:

- "This is one of the best conditioned teams coming out of the Summer" (Rest of the conference: :eek2:)
- Reinforcing team-first attitude
- Did not offer Zach Smith a job in Jan 2018 (ESPN clickbait'd something about this yesterday)
- Terrell Lewis athletic metrics are above the levels they were two years prior (pre-injuries)
- Confident in 3 OLBs; says young guys may be able to contribute too
- Pleased with new staff; mentions Sark specifically
- Some journalist used some inside football lingo (10 personnel...4 WR and 1 back) and Saban kinda patronized him LOL
- At any rate, Saban said we'd still use tight ends; like what they do for the multiples and we have good TEs
- Alabama doesn't use the numbers like the NFL; they color-code personnel
- Anoma was dismissed from school and that's all he can say about it (FERPA)
- Syhiem Carter has played every [DB] position here; one of the most knowledgable players (watch out for him this year)
- Dickerson (FSU OL grad transfer) big, strong and experienced; don't know where he fits (sounds like an OG to me)

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Coach Sarkisian's one of two to four media availabilities this season:

Coach Golding's one of two to four media availabilities this season:

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Thank you! Finally, Bama football right around the corner.

RTR!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Here's the kickoff press conference from Coach Saban:

Highlights:

- "This is one of the best conditioned teams coming out of the Summer" (Rest of the conference: :eek2:)
- Reinforcing team-first attitude
- Did not offer Zach Smith a job in Jan 2018 (ESPN clickbait'd something about this yesterday)
- Terrell Lewis athletic metrics are above the levels they were two years prior (pre-injuries)
- Confident in 3 OLBs; says young guys may be able to contribute too
- Pleased with new staff; mentions Sark specifically
- Some journalist used some inside football lingo (10 personnel...4 WR and 1 back) and Saban kinda patronized him LOL
- At any rate, Saban said we'd still use tight ends; like what they do for the multiples and we have good TEs
- Alabama doesn't use the numbers like the NFL; they color-code personnel
- Anoma was dismissed from school and that's all he can say about it (FERPA)
- Syhiem Carter has played every [DB] position here; one of the most knowledgable players (watch out for him this year)
- Dickerson (FSU OL grad transfer) big, strong and experienced; don't know where he fits (sounds like an OG to me)

Dickerson may just end up contributing significantly ​if he can stay healthy.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I just loved the part of Coach Saban's video when he just went on about Shy Carter. Coach is very impressed with his knowledge and I could see Carter becoming a GA if the NFL doesn't pan out.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
We'll have to see how we do under Golding this year, but I sure like listening to him.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I went to the fan day practice today. Got rained on, but still had a good time. Several thousand die hard fans (like me) there. I don't get autographs so I went on and left when the rain let up.
It was hard to tell much of anything from today's practice, but I'm now excited and fired up for the coming season! Roll Tide!

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Coach Sark on Tua:

"...Has worked Extremely Hard, He's shown Drastic Improvement, ..... I think the Receivers see it as well....

So now it's.... Are you (opposing team) defending the Play-Action Pass? Are you defending the RPO? Are you defending the Drop Back Pass game with Full Progressions??"

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Coach Sark on Tua:

"...Has worked Extremely Hard, He's shown Drastic Improvement, ..... I think the Receivers see it as well....

So now it's.... Are you (opposing team) defending the Play-Action Pass? Are you defending the RPO? Are you defending the Drop Back Pass game with Full Progressions??"

Keep them guessing...…………..

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.