News Article: Ranking the SEC uniforms

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
And then there's the REAL list, the result of a scientific survey of ONE college football fan who knows more than most of you:

1) LSU
2) Ole Miss
3) Alabama
4) Auburn (the home are pretty decent)
5) Georgia
6) Florida
7) Vandy
8) Kentucky
9) Arkansas
10) Texas A/M
11) MSU (these are literally the same uniform except for the name and the helmet)
12) Missouri
13) South Carolina
14) Tennessee

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Missouri is an example of a team that needs to bring back the classic look. Yes it was just a block M. But this highlighter pen yellow and weird scribble scratch tiger logo they have nowadays causes gangrene in the eyes.

Kentucky and Arkansas are two more that have gotten a little wild with their uniform design, but they're nothing like Missouri.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Missouri is an example of a team that needs to bring back the classic look. Yes it was just a block M. But this highlighter pen yellow and weird scribble scratch tiger logo they have nowadays causes gangrene in the eyes.

Kentucky and Arkansas are two more that have gotten a little wild with their uniform design, but they're nothing like Missouri.
I loved the block M they had on their helmets.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
It would suit me just fine if we never change our uniforms.
I love ours.
Everyone else can change every time the wind blows. I don't care.

Last edited:

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I know some people love LSU's uniforms, but no combination of purple and yellow ever looks good to me. Now, with that said, their helmets are definitely identifiable by any college football fan even if the LSU was taken away.

1. Bama
2-12. Tie- Not really, but I don't have the time to really think about all of these.
13. Tennessee- That orange is just so, so bad.
14. LSU- Purple and Yellow? Barf!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Mine:

1. ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE - there is not a more beautiful color God created in our world!!!

I'd probably vote Arkansas #2 because it's close to Crimson and (outside of the SEC) it's the same reason I like OU's jerseys. And don't forget about the Harvard Crimson jersey!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
And then there's the REAL list, the result of a scientific survey of ONE college football fan who knows more than most of you:

1) LSU
2) Ole Miss
3) Alabama
5) Georgia
6) Florida
7) Vandy
8) Kentucky
9) Arkansas
10) Texas A/M
11) MSU (these are literally the same uniform except for the name and the helmet)
12) Missouri
13) South Carolina
14) Tennessee

LOL.....Tennessee last.....

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

1) LSU
2) Ole Miss
3) Alabama
5) Georgia
6) Florida
7) Vandy
8) Kentucky
9) Arkansas
10) Texas A/M
12) Missouri
13) South Carolina
14) Tennessee
Is your memory playing tricks on you???

crimsonseal12

3rd Team
Aug 10, 2011
Gulfport, Ms

1) LSU
2) Ole Miss
3) Alabama
5) Georgia
6) Florida
7) Vandy
8) Kentucky
9) Arkansas
10) Texas A/M
12) Missouri
13) South Carolina
14) Tennessee
Well, this list just proved you know nothing of about science or Football. LOL,

1. Alabama
2.LSU
The rest, well they all need overhauling so plug in who you wish.
EXCEPT - Tennessee and da Barn tie at #130 (that's the number of teams in the FBS). LOL.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
LOL.....Tennessee last.....

Their uniforms (home) are just plain puke orange.

The road uniforms.....well, the old vanilla Penn St unis are the worst ever prior to the constant color changes (like Oregon wearing grey and pink).

Worst. Ever.

Tennessee is close behind.

Over ALL of CFB, I think FSU and UCLA have some jazzy duds.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I detest Auburn, but their home unis look great.

*awaits hellfire and brimstone*
They are. To their credit, they've stuck with a traditional look with very subtle changes over the years. It's a solid uniform.

Any time these teams start bringing in wavy lines across the shoulder pads or down the sides of the pants, modern looking jagged logos on the helmets, or God forbid smoke gray alternate uniforms, they've gone off the deep end.

I mean I will say, regarding Tennessee, at least there is the backdrop of the Smokey Mountains but even then the smoke gray uniforms were a bad idea. Just horrible.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'll take a stab at ranking them: I have them Tier'd as Upper, Middle, and Lower levels

1) Alabama
2) UGA
3) Florida
4) Auburn
5) Ole Miss (Powder Blue Versions)
6) LSU

7) Arkansas
8) Kentucky
9) MSU
10) Texas A&M
11) South Carolina
12) Vandy

13) Mizzou
14) Tennessee

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.