UGA dismisses 5* OLB Brandon Cox (Cox Transfers to Florida w/ 3 years left to play) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar

Re: UGA dismisses 5* OLB Brandon Cox

Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    Fields 5*, Cox 5*, Ford high 4* and I forgot the 4th...Not going to be the No.1 recruiting class when we re-visit...��

Former Alabama commit 4* Nadab Joseph was the 4th player. Ironically, he was ours then flipped to UGA and could possibly be Alabama's again. agreed, their #1 class will not remain #1 after we revisit. oh, the irony...
    Last edited by sanjosecrimson; August 6th, 2019 at 12:16 PM.

BamaNation All-American dWarriors88's Avatar

Brandon Cox was a player for Auburn a few years back. This guys name is Brenton Cox, and it looks like prior to his early signing to UGA in Dec. he only took one other official visit. It was to Alabama only a couple weeks before signing with UGA. Anybody actually think we can go after him!!!?

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by dWarriors88 View Post
    Brandon Cox was a player for Auburn a few years back. This guys name is Brenton Cox, and it looks like prior to his early signing to UGA in Dec. he only took one other official visit. It was to Alabama only a couple weeks before signing with UGA. Anybody actually think we can go after him!!!?
    I would assume we can unless there`s some condition that`s occurred that precludes it. I would think it`s more a matter of if the staff wants to and if there`s mutual interest. I would guess the staff may look at him for ILB ? No idea what his measurables might be.

BamaNation Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    Fields 5*, Cox 5*, Ford high 4* and I forgot the 4th...Not going to be the No.1 recruiting class when we re-visit...🤣
    While this is true: Ford left because of his sick grandfather. It is also extremely messed up to see the NCAA give waivers to Tate and Fields but not give one to Ford, someone who had a true hardship

the 2018 class for UGA once removing: Fields, Cox, Ford and Jospeh comes out to be a score of 306.81... This would put UGA at #2 assuming that Ohio State lost no one. I have no idea if Ohio State has lost players from the 2018 class or not

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    Former Alabama commit 4* Nadab Joseph was the 4th player. Ironically, he was ours then flipped to UGA and could possibly be Alabama's again. agreed, their #1 class will not remain #1 after we revisit. oh, the irony...
    the irony here is that indeed he may end up at bama but i don't think he will, he has an offer and is a good player but i think there are a couple of guys that valued higher this year and are considered bama leans.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabill123 View Post
    the irony here is that indeed he may end up at bama but i don't think he will, he has an offer and is a good player but i think there are a couple of guys that valued higher this year and are considered bama leans.

Xavion Alford and Joel Williams I believe are higher on the board than Joseph at this time.
    Last edited by sanjosecrimson; August 6th, 2019 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dWarriors88 View Post
    Cox played OLB a UGA. Bama was recruiting him as a DE. we shall see.

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Thanks! The comments are hilarious...Typical UGA...

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Well, the Gators finally have another 5 star player on their roster. Hard to believe that they didn't have a single one.

Yep. Very much in play.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabill123 View Post
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation Third Team

Can someone tell me the last time Bama took a player that had been kicked off another team? The last time Georgia took a player that had been kicked off another team? Auburn? Florida?

Quote Originally Posted by DawgAlum2054 View Post
    Can someone tell me the last time Bama took a player that had been kicked off another team? The last time Georgia took a player that had been kicked off another team?
    Jonathan Taylor in 2016

Auburn?
    Nick Marshall in 2013?

Florida?
    Today
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson