UGA dismisses 5* OLB Brandon Cox (Cox Transfers to Florida w/ 3 years left to play) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation All-American

Re: UGA dismisses 5* OLB Brandon Cox

Bazza, this has got to be sweet! (Considering that it takes away from uga and adds to the Gators.)

Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Re: UGA dismisses 5* OLB Brandon Cox (Cox Transfers to Florida w/ 3 years left to pla

That was quick.

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    Bazza, this has got to be sweet! (Considering that it takes away from uga and adds to the Gators.)
    I know this will sound corny but I hope getting into a new environment will help the kid out.

Of course, there will be those saying the Gators environment isn't necessarily ideal for someone with disciplinary issues, but in any event - I do hope it works out for all.

Doesn't hurt that Cox will be in our defensive unit, IMHO. We have a lot of returning players who hopefully can mentor the lad.
    "Old dog - new tricks"

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Quote Originally Posted by DawgAlum2054 View Post
    The first issue was a marijuana issue. While this is complete hearsay, I am hearing that he was confrontational with other players as well as coaches over the last few weeks. This was not in the physical kind of way from practice intensity. This could be wrong, but it would make more sense than being kicked off the team for marijuana
    Thought mj was supposed to mellow you out? maybe he needed more mj rather than less.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    Thought mj was supposed to mellow you out? maybe he needed more mj rather than less.
    Normally I wouldn't pursue this on a sport board but since the Benevolent Dictator brought it up - I'm no scientist nor sociologist but based on what I have seen, those who partake seem to also be some of those with the shortest fuse.

"Old dog - new tricks"

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Normally I wouldn't pursue this on a sport board but since the Benevolent Dictator brought it up - I'm no scientist nor sociologist but based on what I have seen, those who partake seem to also be some of those with the shortest fuse.
    LOL - you must not know many who partake.

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    LOL - you must not know many who partake.
    Not as much these days.......now that I've grown up....
    "Old dog - new tricks"

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Re: UGA dismisses 5* OLB Brandon Cox (Cox Transfers to Florida w/ 3 years left to pla

I don't care about details. I'm just over here thinking about Kirbs losing a 5* to his chief rival.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by DawgAlum2054 View Post
    The first issue was a marijuana issue. While this is complete hearsay, I am hearing that he was confrontational with other players as well as coaches over the last few weeks. This was not in the physical kind of way from practice intensity. This could be wrong, but it would make more sense than being kicked off the team for marijuana
    I heard the same report as you, which include Cox telling a coach to go "_____" four letter word themselves. I think some of his behavior in Fall camp is a spillover from Spring, where he was slipping on the depth chart. He allowed his frustration to get the best of him.

Brenton Cox is a super talented young man, but I think he's got some maturity issues he'll have to address. If he was a disruptive force in the locker room then I'm pleased he's moved on. We need cohesion not a collection of individuals.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    LOL - you must not know many who partoke.
    FIFA
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson