UGA dismisses 5* OLB Brandon Cox (Cox Transfers to Florida w/ 3 years left to play)

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Not sure why? I know that he had a previous pot issue. If it's nothing too terrible (although for our LPGA friend to boot him it must be bad) I'd say we take a run at him? Anoma for Cox?

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Re: UGA dismisses 5* OLB Brandon Cox

The first issue was a marijuana issue. While this is complete hearsay, I am hearing that he was confrontational with other players as well as coaches over the last few weeks. This was not in the physical kind of way from practice intensity. This could be wrong, but it would make more sense than being kicked off the team for marijuana

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Didn't he play QB for Auburn like 15 years ago? So Georgia was trying to pull a fast one with an ineligible player. Figures with Kirby.

stlimprov

1st Team
Nov 9, 2005
Saint Louis, MO

Not sure why? I know that he had a previous pot issue. If it's nothing too terrible (although for our LPGA friend to boot him it must be bad) I'd say we take a run at him? Anoma for Cox?
Nah...Kirby showed him that he was only 50th on our recruiting board.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Cox becomes the 4th player from their #1 2018 class that is no longer on the team.
I know Jess does review articles, but IIRC, a team is doing pretty good to get decent playing time from around 10-12 players per recruiting class.

If I'm guessing, I'd say CNS's teams/recruiting classes maybe does slightly better than other teams because we've developed a method of evaluation that involves talent and character that I'm not sure other coaches have learned to do.

Kirby, no doubt, knows this process, but I doubt he's following it as closely as CNS does.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Fields 5*, Cox 5*, Ford high 4* and I forgot the 4th...Not going to be the No.1 recruiting class when we re-visit...��

Former Alabama commit 4* Nadab Joseph was the 4th player. Ironically, he was ours then flipped to UGA and could possibly be Alabama's again. agreed, their #1 class will not remain #1 after we revisit. oh, the irony...

Last edited:

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

Brandon Cox was a player for Auburn a few years back. This guys name is Brenton Cox, and it looks like prior to his early signing to UGA in Dec. he only took one other official visit. It was to Alabama only a couple weeks before signing with UGA. Anybody actually think we can go after him!!!?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Brandon Cox was a player for Auburn a few years back. This guys name is Brenton Cox, and it looks like prior to his early signing to UGA in Dec. he only took one other official visit. It was to Alabama only a couple weeks before signing with UGA. Anybody actually think we can go after him!!!?
I would assume we can unless there`s some condition that`s occurred that precludes it. I would think it`s more a matter of if the staff wants to and if there`s mutual interest. I would guess the staff may look at him for ILB ? No idea what his measurables might be.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018

Fields 5*, Cox 5*, Ford high 4* and I forgot the 4th...Not going to be the No.1 recruiting class when we re-visit...🤣
While this is true: Ford left because of his sick grandfather. It is also extremely messed up to see the NCAA give waivers to Tate and Fields but not give one to Ford, someone who had a true hardship

the 2018 class for UGA once removing: Fields, Cox, Ford and Jospeh comes out to be a score of 306.81... This would put UGA at #2 assuming that Ohio State lost no one. I have no idea if Ohio State has lost players from the 2018 class or not

bamabill123

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2018

Former Alabama commit 4* Nadab Joseph was the 4th player. Ironically, he was ours then flipped to UGA and could possibly be Alabama's again. agreed, their #1 class will not remain #1 after we revisit. oh, the irony...
the irony here is that indeed he may end up at bama but i don't think he will, he has an offer and is a good player but i think there are a couple of guys that valued higher this year and are considered bama leans.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

the irony here is that indeed he may end up at bama but i don't think he will, he has an offer and is a good player but i think there are a couple of guys that valued higher this year and are considered bama leans.

Xavion Alford and Joel Williams I believe are higher on the board than Joseph at this time.

Last edited:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Cox played OLB a UGA. Bama was recruiting him as a DE. we shall see.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.