UGA dismisses 5* OLB Brandon Cox (Cox Transfers to Florida w/ 3 years left to play)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: UGA dismisses 5* OLB Brandon Cox

Well, the Gators finally have another 5 star player on their roster. Hard to believe that they didn't have a single one.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

Yep. Very much in play.

the irony here is that indeed he may end up at bama but i don't think he will, he has an offer and is a good player but i think there are a couple of guys that valued higher this year and are considered bama leans.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018

Can someone tell me the last time Bama took a player that had been kicked off another team? The last time Georgia took a player that had been kicked off another team? Auburn? Florida?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Bazza, this has got to be sweet! (Considering that it takes away from uga and adds to the Gators.) :biggrin2:
I know this will sound corny but I hope getting into a new environment will help the kid out.

Of course, there will be those saying the Gators environment isn't necessarily ideal for someone with disciplinary issues, but in any event - I do hope it works out for all.

Doesn't hurt that Cox will be in our defensive unit, IMHO. We have a lot of returning players who hopefully can mentor the lad.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

The first issue was a marijuana issue. While this is complete hearsay, I am hearing that he was confrontational with other players as well as coaches over the last few weeks. This was not in the physical kind of way from practice intensity. This could be wrong, but it would make more sense than being kicked off the team for marijuana
Thought mj was supposed to mellow you out? maybe he needed more mj rather than less.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Thought mj was supposed to mellow you out? maybe he needed more mj rather than less.
Normally I wouldn't pursue this on a sport board but since the Benevolent Dictator brought it up - I'm no scientist nor sociologist but based on what I have seen, those who partake seem to also be some of those with the shortest fuse.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Normally I wouldn't pursue this on a sport board but since the Benevolent Dictator brought it up - I'm no scientist nor sociologist but based on what I have seen, those who partake seem to also be some of those with the shortest fuse.
LOL - you must not know many who partake. :pDT_kos:

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017

The first issue was a marijuana issue. While this is complete hearsay, I am hearing that he was confrontational with other players as well as coaches over the last few weeks. This was not in the physical kind of way from practice intensity. This could be wrong, but it would make more sense than being kicked off the team for marijuana
I heard the same report as you, which include Cox telling a coach to go "_____" four letter word themselves. I think some of his behavior in Fall camp is a spillover from Spring, where he was slipping on the depth chart. He allowed his frustration to get the best of him.

Brenton Cox is a super talented young man, but I think he's got some maturity issues he'll have to address. If he was a disruptive force in the locker room then I'm pleased he's moved on. We need cohesion not a collection of individuals.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.