How Southern Are You? (A Quiz) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Re: How Southern Are You? (A Quiz)

Quote Originally Posted by FitToBeTide View Post
    A little surprised at how pervasive Germanic ancestry is (of which I am) in the middle and northern tiers. Offhand it looks to be THE largest representation, if I'm reading it correctly.
    I'm just curious what it means to be "American." I refuse to believe the authors think most people in Wisconsin were born in Germany. I'm sure they mean "Of German descent." So the counties in which the plurality were "American," where did their ancestors come from? The county I now live in is one of the yellow ones. My ancestors come from England, Ireland and Scotland. I am, as a German would say, "eine Mischung," so maybe that is what is considered an American.

BamaNation All-American FitToBeTide's Avatar

Re: How Southern Are You? (A Quiz)

I wondered about that, too. It seemed a bit odd to me, as in what metric were they using for determining "American"? Not Native American. Would like to know more about that.

Any census experts out there?

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you will get neither." C.S Lewis