Link: ESPN Praises Alabama's Wide Receivers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar

ESPN Praises Alabama's Wide Receivers

BamaNation Scout Team

Re: ESPN Praises Alabama's Wide Receivers

"Last season, Waddle joined the crew and the old monikers of the Super Sophomores and the Three-Headed Monster had to be retired in order to account for the true freshman from Texas. A full-blown foursome, they go by the Rideout Boys now."

The Rideout boys, huh? I'm pretty sure the rest of college football may be calling them the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse soon:
    Conquest, War, Famine, and Death. Starting 8/31, all coming to a stadium near you. Sorry, rest of the SEC, bring out your dead.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Hopefully this won't be like the Nasty Wide Outs (NWO) from Ole Miss
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

I know we think we run a little more this year, but how do you not put the ball in these guys hands as much as possible??? I CAN'T WAIT to see this offense. I know we debated Tua throwing for 4K in another thread, but if he stays on the field a little longer this year than last, I think it's very possible.

BamaNation Second Team

I'm no expert on wide receivers any more than I am on art but I know what I like and I like these guys. I've never seen that much talent at one position anywhere much less at Alabama.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Hopefully this won't be like the Nasty Wide Outs (NWO) from Ole Miss
    I believe that was self-proclaimed by the Ole Sis guys.

I love these guys. What an amazing group.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    I know we think we run a little more this year, but how do you not put the ball in these guys hands as much as possible??? I CAN'T WAIT to see this offense. I know we debated Tua throwing for 4K in another thread, but if he stays on the field a little longer this year than last, I think it's very possible.
    It's definitely possible if we elect to turn him and these WRs loose. But I could also see us wanting to pound the ball a little more (and better) than we did a year ago too.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    It's definitely possible if we elect to turn him and these WRs loose. But I could also see us wanting to pound the ball a little more (and better) than we did a year ago too.
    I think the "key" to this will be the number of snaps/passes Tua is allowed to be involved in. I think I saw that his 3900 passing yards last year came in just 23 attempts per game. This is largely the case because he only played in barely over half a game on average last year. will Tua actually play deeper into the 3rd quarter this year?

BamaNation First Team

I can't bring myself to feel comfortable with bama units having nicknames. *cough*pancake posse*cough*

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    I think the "key" to this will be the number of snaps/passes Tua is allowed to be involved in. I think I saw that his 3900 passing yards last year came in just 23 attempts per game. This is largely the case because he only played in barely over half a game on average last year. will Tua actually play deeper into the 3rd quarter this year?
    You know, after that last game, I've had little to nothing to do with football. I really did not know how close to 4,000 he got. You are absolutely correct. If he gets just a series or two more per game on average, he'll likely surpass 4,000 with ease.

BamaNation First Team LSUgrad2BamaDad's Avatar

Bama has the best WR group in the SEC, hands down. It helps that they have Tua throwing to them, or do they make Tua better? Good question to ponder.

I'm super excited about LSU's WR group, they remind me of where Bama was last year. We have 2 5* sophomores healthy and ready to explode.
    "(The Campus Catholic Sudent Center) is going to be our legacy, Terry and I's legacy, that we're going to be as proud of as anything we've ever accomplished," -Nick Saban
    " I come in peace" -WSIV70 (my old user name)

ESPN Praises Alabama's Wide Receivers

And on top of all of this hype, Metchie & Shavers are (also) standing out in camp
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein