Link: ESPN Praises Alabama's Wide Receivers

NCRollTider

Dec 17, 2010
"Last season, Waddle joined the crew and the old monikers of the Super Sophomores and the Three-Headed Monster had to be retired in order to account for the true freshman from Texas. A full-blown foursome, they go by the Rideout Boys now."

The Rideout boys, huh? I'm pretty sure the rest of college football may be calling them the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse soon:
Conquest, War, Famine, and Death. Starting 8/31, all coming to a stadium near you. Sorry, rest of the SEC, bring out your dead.
:biggrin2:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I know we think we run a little more this year, but how do you not put the ball in these guys hands as much as possible??? I CAN'T WAIT to see this offense. I know we debated Tua throwing for 4K in another thread, but if he stays on the field a little longer this year than last, I think it's very possible.

EnterBama

Scout Team
Oct 24, 2018
I'm no expert on wide receivers any more than I am on art but I know what I like and I like these guys. I've never seen that much talent at one position anywhere much less at Alabama.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I know we think we run a little more this year, but how do you not put the ball in these guys hands as much as possible??? I CAN'T WAIT to see this offense. I know we debated Tua throwing for 4K in another thread, but if he stays on the field a little longer this year than last, I think it's very possible.
It's definitely possible if we elect to turn him and these WRs loose. But I could also see us wanting to pound the ball a little more (and better) than we did a year ago too.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It's definitely possible if we elect to turn him and these WRs loose. But I could also see us wanting to pound the ball a little more (and better) than we did a year ago too.
I think the "key" to this will be the number of snaps/passes Tua is allowed to be involved in. I think I saw that his 3900 passing yards last year came in just 23 attempts per game. This is largely the case because he only played in barely over half a game on average last year. will Tua actually play deeper into the 3rd quarter this year?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I think the "key" to this will be the number of snaps/passes Tua is allowed to be involved in. I think I saw that his 3900 passing yards last year came in just 23 attempts per game. This is largely the case because he only played in barely over half a game on average last year. will Tua actually play deeper into the 3rd quarter this year?
You know, after that last game, I've had little to nothing to do with football. I really did not know how close to 4,000 he got. You are absolutely correct. If he gets just a series or two more per game on average, he'll likely surpass 4,000 with ease.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Bama has the best WR group in the SEC, hands down. It helps that they have Tua throwing to them, or do they make Tua better? Good question to ponder.

I'm super excited about LSU's WR group, they remind me of where Bama was last year. We have 2 5* sophomores healthy and ready to explode.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
And on top of all of this hype, Metchie & Shavers are (also) standing out in camp
I said in the "bold predictions" thread that Shavers will break out as a star among the others. You call really tell he's sculpted his body in the last two years and that 6'6" size has got to be good for something!!!

And Metchie doesn't look like a true freshman either and those hands!!!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
You know, after that last game, I've had little to nothing to do with football. I really did not know how close to 4,000 he got. You are absolutely correct. If he gets just a series or two more per game on average, he'll likely surpass 4,000 with ease.
Think he came within about 60-70 yards from 4000

bamabill123

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2018
Bama has the best WR group in the SEC, hands down. It helps that they have Tua throwing to them, or do they make Tua better? Good question to ponder.

I'm super excited about LSU's WR group, they remind me of where Bama was last year. We have 2 5* sophomores healthy and ready to explode.
it's the chicken, no wait, it's the egg

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I don't know your roster like you do, but I know what a roster looks like with uber-talented receivers without a QB who can get them the ball. Take a look at the Alabama offense in 2017 before Tua rescued us and that's what it looks like.

Is Joe Burrow ready to show he's the real deal? IDK, but I also know he's probably not in the same zip code as Tua. Sounds like a Bama homer statement, but really, who is?

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I completely agree. This is without question the Best/Most talented collective group of WR's we have ever had.....Add to that the Best QB we have ever had and you HAVE to take advantage of their Offensive skills.

We also need to run the ball like everyone wants...... but it's not that we need to run more by volume of snaps.... we have to be able to get the 'Tough Yards' when needed and that's what's been missing for a few years.

As long as health allows (which no one can predict) I think Tua EASILY passes 4k this season.

He was 52nd Nationally in Attempts last year yet finished 5th in Passing Yards.

Give him 100 more Attempts or 6-7 more throws per game and passes 5K. I know that sounds crazy..... but that's just how Phenominal Tua is passing the ball.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I completely agree. This is without question the Best/Most talented collective group of WR's we have ever had.....Add to that the Best QB we have ever had and you HAVE to take advantage of their Offensive skills.

We also need to run the ball like everyone wants...... but it's not that we need to run more by volume of snaps.... we have to be able to get the 'Tough Yards' when needed and that's what's been missing for a few years.

As long as health allows (which no one can predict) I think Tua EASILY passes 4k this season.

He was 52nd Nationally in Attempts last year yet finished 5th in Passing Yards.

Give him 100 more Attempts or 6-7 more throws per game and passes 5K. I know that sounds crazy..... but that's just how Phenominal Tua is passing the ball.
Agree totally. This WR corp is quite possibly the best corp in college football history.

I think with our OL this year this year's offense will be more prolific than this past year's offense. I think the OL will protect better and they will definitely be more physical on the run.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Agree totally. This WR corp is quite possibly the best corp in college football history.

If you take depth into account you'd be hard pressed to find a better WR group in the history of college football. Especially recent history.

LSU had Landry and OBJ which is the best tandem I can remember. But they didn't go 6 deep at WR like we apparently do.

Heck, not sure there has been a better position group in the history of college football from a depth perspective. Closest think I can think of is last years Clemson DL.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.