A Reformed White Nationalist Says the Worst Is Yet to Come
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Powerful read here - there is one curse word in the article, but I believe the message is worth it. Earle can nuke this if he disagrees...

Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Re: A Reformed White Nationalist Says the Worst Is Yet to Come

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Powerful read here - there is one curse word in the article, but I believe the message is worth it. Earle can nuke this if he disagrees...

great article, I didn't post for the same reason you took the chance
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    great article, I didn't post for the same reason you took the chance
    Here's hoping that if Earle has a problem with it I can withstand a touch more heat.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

good read. thanks for posting that.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post

No problem with it...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Great post, Brad. Really scary to think there are that many out there and what their potential is. I also agree with his comment that "it is going to get worse before it gets better". I am afraid we, as a nation, are in for more terror and heartbreak.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaFlum's Avatar

It baffles me to see so much hate in the world from any side of the spectrum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RTR!

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFlum View Post

Watch "the Great Hack" on Netflix this is propaganda driven
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

BamaNation All-American alabama mike1's Avatar

Excellent article, thank you for sharing this with us.

BamaNation Hall of Fame rolltide_21's Avatar

I had read about this guy not that long ago. This article details his mission a bit more. Enjoyed reading it.

BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar

I grew up in Mississippi. The attitudes exhibited by the current crop of white nationalists were always there. I went to high school with the progeny of Kluckers and American Nazi Party members. Sure, there weren't many of them, but they were pretty open with sentiments that many tried to whitewash and cover up.

It's still an us-against-them thing, even today. I related a few weeks ago about my conversation (during the settling of my Dad's estate) with a process server who lived in a predominately white county (Rankin). He was pretty emphatic that they were Republicans but you don't want to deal with the Democrats in Hinds Co. I lived amongst them for the 1st 28 years of my life, and I knew damn well what his code words were talking about.

There has been a racial resentment among white Southerners since the end of the Civil War. Reconstruction brought equality and rights to freed slaves, but the deal was made the "heal" the country, when Reconstruction came to an end, and a similar feudal arrangement was imposed again. Rights to vote, own property, etc were taken away.

And politicians down South ever since have known and exploited this resentment. Goldwater '64, Nixon's "Southern Strategy", Reagan announced his 1980 presidential campaign at the Neshoba Co. fair in Philadelphia, MS....site of the murder of three civil rights workers in 1964.....all the way to Willie Horton, and on and on.

LBJ most famously said: "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar

So scary to think these guys want to out do Timothy McVeigh. Wow.

Maybe, Brad, this guy’s approach to helping white supremacists overcome their hatred is the more effective solution than gun control. I’m all for pursuing every avenue.

I wish I had more answers and not so many questions.

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFlum View Post

Of course when your entire self worth is based on the color of your skin (regardless of that color) and all the superficial things you can't change (or change easily), it's no wonder.