Florida player chokes tutor, still on team? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Re: Florida player chokes tutor, still on team?

Quote Originally Posted by DawgAlum2054 View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/ne...und-fight.html

^^ I don’t have to read when I can literally watch a video of him actually beating a defenseless woman. Lol, you are going to defend that?
    Yes, I am. Because I know the whole story. Google is your friend. His sister was caught up in a fight. He went to her aide and went too far. This is not domestic violence - this is a brother going too far while defending his sister.

Just putting it simply for the Ohio State fan that Mullen does not have a great tract record of handling these types of situations well and that he does not deserve the benefit of the doubt on this situation at hand right now
    Dude, you are a hater and you hate. That is what you do. Have a nice day.

ETA: BTW, I have no problem with the hate. I feel much the same for all things UM. I'm just keeping it real.

Last edited by B1GTide; August 6th, 2019 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddrn View Post
    Can't cut him any slack on this. If you are a head coach in the SEC you should act like it. In the locker room maybe.
    Franks is like "Dad, stop!"
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Looking forward to August 24, 7pm ET, ESPN......only 18 more days (plus 1 hour).....

"Old dog - new tricks"

5. August 6th, 2019, 05:25 PM

Reason
    We have a zero tolerance for profanity on TF.com

That said......it saddens me to hear of any news where any football player no matter what team they are on has any disciplinary or behavioral issues.

But especially my team, the Gators, of course.

I think the natural reaction is to try and find some way to defend it - but in reality all you can and should do is condemn the behavior and express hope that things somehow improve from the incident.

Every incident is different so there is no one size solution to fit all.

Additionally, it's rare that the fan knows everything going on - other than what they read in the media, on a talk forum, or from a buddy perhaps who has insider connections.

I've learned over the years (especially as Gator I should add) not to gloat over other team's problems with players. Not only does it serve no purpose - other than entertainment (I guess) but I don't know of any team that hasn't had their share of these kinds of situations, so I won't be the one who sits in judgement.

Lastly, since our coach was brought into this - how in the world anyone could make any kind of comment about this man's ability to maintain discipline on any team he has coached with his record is beyond me. His record really does speak for itself and in a very positive way, IMHO.

To the Op, who is a Georgia Bulldog.....congrats on the recent successes of your team and I look forward to our game this season. I know it will be a good one!
    "Old dog - new tricks"

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I'm surprised any student who physically assaulted a student, faculty, or staff member is still allowed on campus.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    I'm surprised any student who physically assaulted a student, faculty, or staff member is still allowed on campus.
    Really? Campuses would be pretty empty. I couldn't count the number of physical altercations that I have seen on college campuses in my lifetime. But I get your point.

FB|BB Moderator

I agree. But DJ Pettway keeps telling me hello.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Really? Campuses would be pretty empty. I couldn't count the number of physical altercations that I have seen on college campuses in my lifetime. But I get your point.
    I guess I left the modifier off: while on campus or participating in a campus function. Like I'm pretty sure if I choked a tutor at the university-managed tutoring program when I was in school, I'd be immediately barred from going on campus then expelled after going through the process.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    I agree. But DJ Pettway keeps telling me hello.
    Not quite the same thing but still bad. At least he was kicked off, went JUCO, and had to earn his way back on the team.
    Last edited by rgw; August 6th, 2019 at 10:29 PM.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

I guess I left the modifier off: while on campus or participating in a campus function. Like I'm pretty sure if I choked a tutor at the university-managed tutoring program when I was in school, I'd be immediately barred from going on campus then expelled after going through the process.
    Yeah, I am not sure how the choking things was forgiven. My point was that Mullen has a solid track record in these things. In the short time that Mullen has been at FL, this is the 5th player to be reported as having an incident with women - the other 4 are gone.

If I were a Gator fan I would be more worried about how so many incidents have occurred in such a short time span. I don't thnk that any were Mullen recruits, but what is happening down there that this happens?
    Last edited by B1GTide; August 7th, 2019 at 04:25 AM.

Total disrespect for one of our more knowledgeable posters...Not cool...Not sure how you handle this sort of thing on your own boards, but we tend to stick together on TF when it comes to trying to push folks around....RTR...
    Just putting it simply for the Ohio State fan that Mullen does not have a great tract record of handling these types of situations well and that he does not deserve the benefit of the doubt on this situation at hand right now
    Last edited by The Ols; August 7th, 2019 at 08:06 AM.

FB|BB Moderator

Not quite the same thing but still bad. At least he was kicked off, went JUCO, and had to earn his way back on the team.
    Forget the team....after what they did to those two students, I didn't understand how he was allowed back in school.

Water under the bridge now, though.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post