Florida player chokes tutor, still on team?

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
All programs have things happen like this, but most act immediately and you find out about the incident and the dismisssal of the player at the same time

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Dan Mullen has a great track record at both MSU, and at FL since he arrived, of handling situations like this. He has dismissed many players for less than this. I have no idea what the deal is with this guy but Mullen deserves a little patience given his record, no?

Of course, I don't expect the GA fan to cut him any slack. :s-minigun:

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Dan Mullen has a great track record at both MSU, and at FL since he arrived, of handling situations like this. He has dismissed many players for less than this. I have no idea what the deal is with this guy but Mullen deserves a little patience given his record, no?

Of course, I don't expect the GA fan to cut him any slack. :s-minigun:
do you mean like the time when he was happy that Jeffery Simmons only received a 1 game suspension after video evidence surfaced of him repeatedly punching a woman on the ground?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
do you mean like the time when he was happy that Jeffery Simmons only received a 1 game suspension after video evidence surfaced of him repeatedly punching a woman on the ground?
LOL, yeah, including that incident. You are a hater. Read a little more and you might find a human being, not a woman beater, in Simmons.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Why are we arguing with a Dawg about another Dawg and something that happened when he was in HS? NOBODY is happy about that video...It was years ago and handled by his coach and school...years ago.

Question...How many Fulmer Cups in Athens? Asking for a friend...:Joker_PDT_27:

on TideFans.com
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/n...Simmons-seen-punching-woman-ground-fight.html

^^ I don’t have to read when I can literally watch a video of him actually beating a defenseless woman. Lol, you are going to defend that?

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Why are we arguing with a Dawg about another Dawg and something that happened when he was in HS? NOBODY is happy about that video...It was years ago and handled by his coach and school...years ago.

Question...How many Fulmer Cups in Athens? Asking for a friend...:Joker_PDT_27:

on TideFans.com
Just putting it simply for the Ohio State fan that Mullen does not have a great tract record of handling these types of situations well and that he does not deserve the benefit of the doubt on this situation at hand right now

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Just putting it simply for the Ohio State fan that Mullen does not have a great tract record of handling these types of situations well and that he does not deserve the benefit of the doubt on this situation at hand right now
Dude, you are a hater and you hate. That is what you do. Have a nice day.

ETA: BTW, I have no problem with the hate. I feel much the same for all things UM. I'm just keeping it real.

:cheers2:

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
That said......it saddens me to hear of any news where any football player no matter what team they are on has any disciplinary or behavioral issues.

But especially my team, the Gators, of course.

I think the natural reaction is to try and find some way to defend it - but in reality all you can and should do is condemn the behavior and express hope that things somehow improve from the incident.

Every incident is different so there is no one size solution to fit all.

Additionally, it's rare that the fan knows everything going on - other than what they read in the media, on a talk forum, or from a buddy perhaps who has insider connections.

I've learned over the years (especially as Gator I should add) not to gloat over other team's problems with players. Not only does it serve no purpose - other than entertainment (I guess) but I don't know of any team that hasn't had their share of these kinds of situations, so I won't be the one who sits in judgement.

Lastly, since our coach was brought into this - how in the world anyone could make any kind of comment about this man's ability to maintain discipline on any team he has coached with his record is beyond me. His record really does speak for itself and in a very positive way, IMHO.

To the Op, who is a Georgia Bulldog.....congrats on the recent successes of your team and I look forward to our game this season. I know it will be a good one!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'm surprised any student who physically assaulted a student, faculty, or staff member is still allowed on campus.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'm surprised any student who physically assaulted a student, faculty, or staff member is still allowed on campus.
Really? Campuses would be pretty empty. I couldn't count the number of physical altercations that I have seen on college campuses in my lifetime. But I get your point.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.