News Article: Alabama announces 2020 football schedule - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Southern Adirondack mountains of upstate NY

Re: Alabama announces 2020 football schedule

I be like, lets get this year done, will worry about 2020 when it gets here.....as always, i like our chances......roll tide

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by BamaHoosier View Post
    You can never count a Saban coached team out, and we've seen several times that the committee will consider putting a 2 loss team with the right resume in the playoffs. Plus a lot can change with development, draft stock, the transfer portal, and so many other fluid factors. However, at face value as of right now, this looks like the closest thing to a rebuilding year we've had in years.
    Didn't want to quote your whole post but I agree. Our opinions may all change depending on how this season goes but as of right now I wouldn't be at all shocked if 2020 is the first year we miss the playoffs.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    BOTH! We are used to rough Novembers, but October has 3 decently tough road games with State at home.
    Yet, I bet we are favored in all 12
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

We will still get crap about 3 of our 4 OOC games but that is a very difficult schedule. I wonder if the TA&M game before the Barn game is a permanent slot.

I assume our 2021 road games are going to be UGA, MSU, TA&M and the Barn. Pretty brutal if in fact we play UGA in back to back seasons.
    Last edited by TiderJack; August 7th, 2019 at 04:34 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Our rivals will still complain about our schedule and say it is "easy", "cupcake". "Blah blah blah UT Martin."
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Okay, your reminder of what to expect.

1) If we lose to Georgia, the parade of "the dynasty is over" crowing cranks up. It'll be as loud as it was in 2015.

2) If we steamroll this schedule, we'll hear about how we didn't play anybody.

3) If we lose 2 games - never mind the facts - it becomes, "This is why Alabama has avoided tough scheduling since Saban has been here."

4) When several teams on this schedule fail to live up to the billing, it will be used against us - and they'll name another foe we "should have played." Remember folks - we played FSU in a "playoff preview" game in 2017 and when the season was over, folks were saying we needed to play UCF.

Had we scheduled and smoked UCF, of course, these same imbeciles would be saying, "But they were afraid to play FSU."

But Auburn took the cake here. "Hey, we're tired of having Georgia and Alabama back-to-back."

SEC: "OK, we'll move Georgia. And HERE'S LSU for ya!"
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation All-American PA Tide Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    We will still get crap about 3 of our 4 OOC games but that is a very difficult schedule. I wonder if the TA&M game before the Barn game is a permanent slot.

I assume our 2021 road games are going to be UGA, MSU, TA&M and the Barn. Pretty brutal if in fact we play UGA in back to back seasons.
    In 2021 we play @Florida

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

I think this erases all hope of USC luring Urban to the Left Coast to take over their program after the current regime gets run out of town after this season.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation All-American GP for Bama's Avatar

It looks like the whinny AU tigers got their way. Now they don't finish the year with back to back away SEC games every other year. So how did the SEC respond... Now Bama and LSU end every other year with back to back road games. The whinny babies got their way. I don't like Stanky.
    Bama 934-320-44 73.6% On the field

2018 SEC CHAMPS!

BamaNation All-SEC

I was really wondering about that UT Martin game, thinking it must be listed in the wrong spot. But looking at it closer, we are always a bit down the week after LSU, so maybe that game is in the right spot. But A&M and Auburn back to back. VERY interesting finish. Maybe we can get Tua and the Wide Outs to hang around another year!

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    Our rivals will still complain about our schedule and say it is "easy", "cupcake". "Blah blah blah UT Martin."
    Correct. No one ever seems to give us credit for all of the SEC games sandwiched around UT Martin. I guess conference games don't count as quality games, unless you're in the ACC.

Quote Originally Posted by Krymsonman View Post
    I was really wondering about that UT Martin game, thinking it must be listed in the wrong spot. But looking at it closer, we are always a bit down the week after LSU, so maybe that game is in the right spot. But A&M and Auburn back to back. VERY interesting finish. Maybe we can get Tua and the Wide Outs to hang around another year!
    The SEC made the call, not UA. All of the national whining about the down game the week before rivalry week finally paid off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Brutal schedule on paper, a year away. And all of this just to accommodate Auburn's complaint of the Georgia game? Ship them to the East division already and be done with it.