News Article: Alabama announces 2020 football schedule

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
It looks like the whinny AU tigers got their way. Now they don't finish the year with back to back away SEC games every other year. So how did the SEC respond... Now Bama and LSU end every other year with back to back road games. The whinny babies got their way. I don't like Stanky.
Exactly my first thoughts when I saw the schedules. The aubies will certainly deny it but their whining and crying is the very reason all this reshuffling mess started.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I'm not too sure Fromm will be gone. We'll have to let the season play out.
Nothing against Tua and he certainly is a better athlete, but you do realize most NFL people rate Fromm higher than Tua in all there draft projections based on him being a more NFL type QB. I imagine chances are very high both will be gone at the end of this season.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Nothing against Tua and he certainly is a better athlete, but you do realize most NFL people rate Fromm higher than Tua in all there draft projections based on him being a more NFL type QB. I imagine chances are very high both will be gone at the end of this season.
Who are these "most" people. I honestly don't think I've seen one recently. Saw a few early last year but haven't seen anyone make that claim since the season ended but I also miss plenty of stuff.

Regardless, that wasn't really my point. I could see Fromm coming back not because of numbers or talent but because I think Georgia will fall short again. And if he loses another heartbreaker to us I can see him thinking he has "unfinished business" and coming back to win a title.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I admit that I don't keep up with the NFL draft rankings as closely as I used to but from the few I've seen it's been 1. Tua 2. Herbert 3. Fromm. Would be surprised if multiple outlets have Fromm listed ahead of Tua at this point. Unless Tua just implodes this year he's about as close to a lock to be the #1 pick as one can be at this point..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Who are these "most" people. I honestly don't think I've seen one recently. Saw a few early last year but haven't seen anyone make that claim since the season ended but I also miss plenty of stuff.

Regardless, that wasn't really my point. I could see Fromm coming back not because of numbers or talent but because I think Georgia will fall short again. And if he loses another heartbreaker to us I can see him thinking he has "unfinished business" and coming back to win a title.
Fromm also has a better chance to have a worse season. Tua has all his WRs back and UGA lost their major contributors there..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I admit that I don't keep up with the NFL draft rankings as closely as I used to but from the few I've seen it's been 1. Tua 2. Herbert 3. Fromm. Would be surprised if multiple outlets have Fromm listed ahead of Tua at this point. Unless Tua just implodes this year he's about as close to a lock to be the #1 pick as one can be at this point..
What I have seen on it was the mention that some scouts like Fromm better because he's more pro-style. That's it.

Can't help but think Fromm will end up dropping, though. The more film NFL teams have on you tends to equal more negatives and flaws they have to point as to why not to draft you.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Why? Because there are too many unknown variables coming into every new season.Who returns and who goes out early for the draft are major factors. Injuries, transfers, and player development are things to also consider when discussing an upcoming season for every team in the SEC.
Not to mentioned, no coaching job is safe in the SEC aside from Coach Saban. I can tell you right now that is a huge factor after every season in this conference.
I understand on paper the 2020 schedule looks daunting and difficult, but I always take the approach that things aren’t always what they seemed especially when it comes to future events.

Last edited:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Why? Because there are too many unknown variables coming into every new season.Who returns and who goes out early for the draft are major factors. Injuries, transfers, and player development are things to also consider when discussing an upcoming season for every team in the SEC.
Not to mentioned, no coaching job is safe in the SEC aside from Coach Saban. I can tell you right now that is a huge factor after every season in this conference.
I understand on paper the 2020 schedule looks daunting and difficult, but I always take the approach that things aren’t always what they seemed especially when it comes to future events.
Of course, which is why I said "Our opinions may all change depending on how this season goes but as of right now I wouldn't be at all shocked if 2020 is the first year we miss the playoffs."

Regardless, I don't see a problem with talking about it especially while we are still waiting for the 2019 season to start. But to each their own

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

I think "most people" means uga fans & uga radio people. His location says near the barn so he probably picks up a few georgia stations via TV and radio. Most hear in Atlanta are already assuming they are in the playoffs after beating us (they also think they will have to face us twice). They are also pumping up Fromm as the best QB out there.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
What I have seen on it was the mention that some scouts like Fromm better because he's more pro-style. That's it.

That is the point I was making, using most people I guess was not the best choice of words. And like you point out there is a good chance of him dropping, but either way I think he will be leaving UGA after this season as Tua will be leaving Bama and both will be set for life if they manage their money corretctly.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.