News Article: Alabama announces 2020 football schedule

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I think this erases all hope of USC luring Urban to the Left Coast to take over their program after the current regime gets run out of town after this season.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
It looks like the whinny AU tigers got their way. Now they don't finish the year with back to back away SEC games every other year. So how did the SEC respond... Now Bama and LSU end every other year with back to back road games. The whinny babies got their way. I don't like Stanky.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I was really wondering about that UT Martin game, thinking it must be listed in the wrong spot. But looking at it closer, we are always a bit down the week after LSU, so maybe that game is in the right spot. But A&M and Auburn back to back. VERY interesting finish. Maybe we can get Tua and the Wide Outs to hang around another year!

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Our rivals will still complain about our schedule and say it is "easy", "cupcake". "Blah blah blah UT Martin."
Correct. No one ever seems to give us credit for all of the SEC games sandwiched around UT Martin. I guess conference games don't count as quality games, unless you're in the ACC.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I was really wondering about that UT Martin game, thinking it must be listed in the wrong spot. But looking at it closer, we are always a bit down the week after LSU, so maybe that game is in the right spot. But A&M and Auburn back to back. VERY interesting finish. Maybe we can get Tua and the Wide Outs to hang around another year!
The SEC made the call, not UA. All of the national whining about the down game the week before rivalry week finally paid off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'm not going to worry too much about 2020 right now.

Sure that schedule looks tough on paper but we have no idea what our own team will look like much less our opponents.

We will most likely lose Tua, Jeudy, Ruggs III, Smitty, and maybe Najee on Offense. That's a lot of Firepower.

But we will still return plenty of skilled talent. The big question is who takes over for Tua?? My guess is it's a battle between Taulia and Mac.

But Fromm will be gone from UGA and who knows who will be AU and LSU's QB's??

USCw hasn't been a scary team for a while now either.

I think we'll be okay and especially IF we can finally have a year with ZERO coaching staff turnover.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
So we play A&M and AU plays LSU the week before the Iron Bowl. That's.....different. Third game against UGA is a heck of way to start the season..
IF we lose to UGA in the third game of the year then the rest of our opponents for the year will be cursing Georgia because they will awaken a sleeping giant. I do not care about losing all that experience. CNS is one of the best at using failure to motivate his players. I would imagine a very mean team the rest of the year. As far as playing the Barn after A&M I am not particularly worried. I'm not even sure Malzahn will still be the coach in 2020.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Is it true that we have not played a true ooc road game since 2011?
That sounds right..... 2011 @Penn St, which was AJ's 1st Career Road Start.

Then these Neutral Sites:

2012 - Michigan at AT&T Stadium
2013 - Va Tech at Georgia Dome
2014 - West Va at Georgia Dome
2015 - Wisconsin at AT&T Stadium
2016 - USCw at AT&T Stadium
2017 - F$U at Mercedes-Benz Stadium
2018 - Louisville at Camping World Stadium

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)
I'm not going to lie. I'm a bit worried about 2020

Alabama announces 2020 football schedule

The 2020 SEC Championship Game is slated for Saturday, Dec.5, at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta.
DateOpponent
Sept. 5vs. Southern Cal (Arlington)
Sept. 12GEORGIA STATE
Sept. 19GEORGIA
Sept. 26KENT STATE
Oct. 3at Ole Miss
Oct. 10at Arkansas
Oct. 17MISSISSIPPI STATE
Oct. 24at Tennessee
Oct. 31BYE
Nov. 7at LSU
Nov. 14UT-MARTIN
Nov. 21TEXAS A&M
Nov. 28AUBURN
Ain't no hill for a climber. RTR

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
We will still get crap about 3 of our 4 OOC games but that is a very difficult schedule. I wonder if the TA&M game before the Barn game is a permanent slot.

I assume our 2021 road games are going to be UGA, MSU, TA&M and the Barn. Pretty brutal if in fact we play UGA in back to back seasons.

In 2021 we will play at Florida ...not Georgia. We finish at A&M and at AU. The SEC let AU out of finishing with back to back SEC road games every other year and now Bama and LSU must finish with back to back road games every other year. The SEC gave into the whiny AU.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
In 2021 we will play at Florida ...not Georgia. We finish at A&M and at AU. The SEC let AU out of finishing with back to back SEC road games every other year and now Bama and LSU must finish with back to back road games every other year. The SEC gave into the whiny AU.
We actually do not know the exact dates for 2021 just yet. Maybe they will move others around? I doubt it but we can hope.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.