SEC Coaches talk anonymously about Alabama and other SEC teams
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team

SEC Coaches talk anonymously about Alabama and other SEC teams

https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...ence-foes-2019

Alabama

"Maybe the best thing for this year's team was losing that national title game the way they did. They were outplayed, outcoached and got whipped on the lines. Now they're going to reload with the best roster in the league, but Nick Saban has all the motivation he needs."

"I think the coaching staff was an issue last season. The turnover at coordinator and some of those position guys, maybe Saban underestimated that impact on the players."

"Pete Golding could be the next great Alabama defensive coordinator. This is his year to show it."

"They'll be a better defense this year. The secondary was freshman young, and now they're experienced. Pay attention to the competition up front; replacing Quinnen Williams will be key. LaBryan Ray is the next man up there, he'll be really good. Raekwon Davis is an absolute monster. NFL ready."

"If there's a questionable unit, and there really isn't, it might be offensive line. Jonah Williams is a first-round talent. They'll need a new center and it's a new offensive system."

"Kyle Flood was a good pick for OL coach because he’s worked with Sark a while at the NFL level but he knows college linemen."

"I think they’ll miss Josh Gattis, he did a really great job with those receivers. What they return is probably the best in the SEC."

"Najee Harris needs to come out strong and show he can be an actual feature back. It's his backfield."

"What can you say about Tua Tagovailoa? He plays hard, he plays hurt, he's great with pressure and competes his ass off. He's the ideal Saban quarterback."

"This is another national championship team, and they have the benefit of building off of last year's loss. They'll come out angry and focused."

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Re: SEC Coaches talk anonymously about Alabama and other SEC teams

Saban has successfully schemed around every deficiency we’ve had, except for defensive line. If the defensive line shows up and shows out I believe we can win another title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation All-SEC

A few years ago several of the sec coaches casted doubts about certain until of our team and I think we won the national championship that year. This year they are all talking us up. In not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

I feel as good about this team, as I have any team, during "The Process" under Coach Saban at Bama..We have the right mix of leadership & incoming "Blue Chip" studs to provide depth at key positions..If we play our game & enforce our will each game..I don't see any team in the SEC or college football standing in our way as we march to another NC(including Clemson)..

BamaNation All-American Mystical's Avatar

Hope we don't miss Josh Gatis. Lets see what he does at Michigan this year.
    WHERE EVER YOU GO, YOU TAKE YOURSELF WITH YOU

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
    Hope we don't miss Josh Gatis. Lets see what he does at Michigan this year.
    Did Gattis make the WRs look good? Or was it the other way around?

If his heart wasn’t in Bama, we are better off with him elsewhere.

Hard to coach and pimp yourself at the same time.
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post

I agree. I'm pretty sure I could coach our receivers, and they would make me look like a great coach. I've always thought that people should be elsewhere if they don't want to be at Bama, and that goes for coaches, players, students, professors, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by saturdaysarebet View Post
    https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...ence-foes-2019

"This is another national championship team, and they have the benefit of building off of last year's loss. They'll come out angry and focused."
    I like this.

BamaNation All-American bamagradinATL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post

Gattis should pay a tribute to these guys after they leave Bama. He owes them.

BamaNation All-American

IMO, Bama's WRs are great and Gattis is at least very good. He did a fabulous job at PSU with their WRs. Don't know how good of an OC he will be but he does a great job with WRs.

Bama's WRs are not just great at typical WR skills but they are incredibly tough and fearless and they block in spite of the fact that they aren't big. They have been truly amazing.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by BamaInBham View Post
    IMO, Bama's WRs are great and Gattis is at least very good. He did a fabulous job at PSU with their WRs. Don't know how good of an OC he will be but he does a great job with WRs.

Bama's WRs are not just great at typical WR skills but they are incredibly tough and fearless and they block in spite of the fact that they aren't big. They have been truly amazing.
    You could draw up ad hoc routes in the dirt for these guys and they`d still be the best receiving corps in the SEC, if not all of college football.

Gattis might be OK...but throwing shade right of the gate at the people that helped you land where you are??? Glad he "took his talents" elsewhere...JMHO...RTR!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaInBham View Post

Have you watched our place kickers for the past 13 years?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post
    Saban has successfully schemed around every deficiency we’ve had, except for defensive line. If the defensive line shows up and shows out I believe we can win another title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein