Question: Will the Tennessee / Alabama game become relevant again? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 53 to 62 of 62
  1. #53
    BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Hoover
    Posts
    3,382

    Re: Will the Tennessee / Alabama game become relevant again?

    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Think the TN game is irrelevant? Watch what happens if Bama loses it...

    That is hilarious right there...Coach Stallings' famous quote about Vanderbilt now relating to puke orange. Good stuff!
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

    Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

  2. #54
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,190

    Re: Will the Tennessee / Alabama game become relevant again?

    Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    While Nashville is increasing its D1 player output, Memphis is still the recruiting hot bed in Tennessee. Most of Nashville's D1 recruits have come from the predominantly all white private schools. Tennessee does not produce D1 talent on the level with Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi or Louisiana.
    That's up for debate. Tenn is catching up with Alabama and Louisiana in terms of 4 star =>, just a notch behind, it has passed Mississippi. Georgia and Florida are in a completely different class than Al, La, Tenn and Miss. And Fla is ahead of Ga.

    This year, 2020, 247 Composite 4 star and above recruits:
    Florida: 58
    Georgia: 32
    Alabama: 15
    Louisiana: 15
    Tenn: 11
    Miss: 5

    2019
    Florida: 46
    Georgia: 40
    Alabama: 15
    Louisiana: 16
    Tenn: 12
    Miss: 16 (an anomaly, they had 4 in 2018, 7 in 2017 and 5 in 2020)

  3. #55
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    11,260

    Re: Will the Tennessee / Alabama game become relevant again?

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaInBham View Post
    That's up for debate. Tenn is catching up with Alabama and Louisiana in terms of 4 star =>, just a notch behind, it has passed Mississippi. Georgia and Florida are in a completely different class than Al, La, Tenn and Miss. And Fla is ahead of Ga.

    This year, 2020, 247 Composite 4 star and above recruits:
    Florida: 58
    Georgia: 32
    Alabama: 15
    Louisiana: 15
    Tenn: 11
    Miss: 5

    2019
    Florida: 46
    Georgia: 40
    Alabama: 15
    Louisiana: 16
    Tenn: 12
    Miss: 16 (an anomaly, they had 4 in 2018, 7 in 2017 and 5 in 2020)
    The competition in Alabama is far more fierce than in Tennessee. Just because they are 4 stars doesn't mean they are equal to Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, Texas, and California 4 stars. There is a reason that if you make a top 10 list of the greatest Tennessee players since 1983 you would probably have 7-8 of them from out of state. But again if these recruits were so valuable then Tennessee should've had been in major bowl games under Kiffin, Dooley, and Butch. The best bowl they have made it to has been the Outback bowl while Alabama, Auburn, Florida, and LSU all have had their share of horrid coaches since 97 and have played in big bowls because of talent.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

    Hannibal

  4. #56
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,190

    Re: Will the Tennessee / Alabama game become relevant again?

    Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    The competition in Alabama is far more fierce than in Tennessee. Just because they are 4 stars doesn't mean they are equal to Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, Texas, and California 4 stars. There is a reason that if you make a top 10 list of the greatest Tennessee players since 1983 you would probably have 7-8 of them from out of state. But again if these recruits were so valuable then Tennessee should've had been in major bowl games under Kiffin, Dooley, and Butch. The best bowl they have made it to has been the Outback bowl while Alabama, Auburn, Florida, and LSU all have had their share of horrid coaches since 97 and have played in big bowls because of talent.
    The evaluations are made from a national perspective. Of course everyone is just making an educated guess. It could be that Tenn's 4 stars are better than the others'. It's the same people making the final decision for the evaluations regardless of their home state. But more importantly this boon in Tenn talent that I'm talking about is just in the last 3-4 years, 30+ years after 1983. Not only that, like i mentioned earlier UT is not even getting most of their own state's talent - though that is happening in many states/programs.

    We have real trouble communicating. I haven't in any way implied that UT has had much success in the last 10-12 years, nor or they guaranteed any future success. All I've said on the positive side for UT is that their state is producing more and more D1 talent than in the past - primarily because of the Nashville area explosion. The program itself has not taken advantage to this point, though they've hardly had time since it's only been the last 2-4 years that the talent has grown up. E.g., UT only got 2 of the 12 blue chips in their own state in the 19 class. They seem to be doing better this year.

  5. #57
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    11,260

    Re: Will the Tennessee / Alabama game become relevant again?

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaInBham View Post
    The evaluations are made from a national perspective. Of course everyone is just making an educated guess. It could be that Tenn's 4 stars are better than the others'. It's the same people making the final decision for the evaluations regardless of their home state. But more importantly this boon in Tenn talent that I'm talking about is just in the last 3-4 years, 30+ years after 1983. Not only that, like i mentioned earlier UT is not even getting most of their own state's talent - though that is happening in many states/programs.
    .
    I lived in Omaha for 6 years, and heard from the moron Husker fans about "how Lincoln and Omaha are booming with talent", but yet Nebraska gets the lionshare of Nebraska 4 star recruits and still they cant beat a bunch of Alabama and Georgia 2 and 3 star recruits. Tennessee is like Nebraska, but in a slightly better situation in which the big instate talent is on one side of a landlocked state. I think you are way overselling the emergence of Nashville as a boom in QUALITY of recruiting. Alabama has far more quality instate players than Tennessee has or ever will have, hell I would say you could just limit it to Mobile, Auburn, or Birmingham alone and have more quality than Tennessee.


    Quote Originally Posted by BamaInBham View Post



    We have real trouble communicating. I haven't in any way implied that UT has had much success in the last 10-12 years, nor or they guaranteed any future success. All I've said on the positive side for UT is that their state is producing more and more D1 talent than in the past - primarily because of the Nashville area explosion. The program itself has not taken advantage to this point, though they've hardly had time since it's only been the last 2-4 years that the talent has grown up. E.g., UT only got 2 of the 12 blue chips in their own state in the 19 class. They seem to be doing better this year.

    No the problem is that you keep acting like Nashville all of the sudden fixes Tennessee's instate recruiting because you feel its "mini Atlanta". Memphis is and always has been the crown jewel of Tennessee talent, but the problem is that it is a border city that gets raided by everyone close. But even if you truly believe Nashville is "mini Atlanta", then where is the other instate talent to even compare to Alabama, Florida, and Georgia?Georgia is far more than Atlanta, Tennessee is not much more than Memphis and Nashville. Meaning there is far more talent around the state of Georgia than Atlanta, and far less talent outside Nashville and Memphis in the state of Tennessee. The more spread out geographical areas of talent in a state typically make for better competition. Better competition typically gives you better and more experienced players. That is a huge reason Alabama, Georgia, and Florida all destroy Tennessee in recruiting and on the field.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

    Hannibal

  6. #58
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,190

    Re: Will the Tennessee / Alabama game become relevant again?

    Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    I lived in Omaha for 6 years, and heard from the moron Husker fans about "how Lincoln and Omaha are booming with talent", but yet Nebraska gets the lionshare of Nebraska 4 star recruits and still they cant beat a bunch of Alabama and Georgia 2 and 3 star recruits. Tennessee is like Nebraska, but in a slightly better situation in which the big instate talent is on one side of a landlocked state. I think you are way overselling the emergence of Nashville as a boom in QUALITY of recruiting. Alabama has far more quality instate players than Tennessee has or ever will have, hell I would say you could just limit it to Mobile, Auburn, or Birmingham alone and have more quality than Tennessee.



    No the problem is that you keep acting like Nashville all of the sudden fixes Tennessee's instate recruiting because you feel its "mini Atlanta". Memphis is and always has been the crown jewel of Tennessee talent, but the problem is that it is a border city that gets raided by everyone close. But even if you truly believe Nashville is "mini Atlanta", then where is the other instate talent to even compare to Alabama, Florida, and Georgia?Georgia is far more than Atlanta, Tennessee is not much more than Memphis and Nashville. Meaning there is far more talent around the state of Georgia than Atlanta, and far less talent outside Nashville and Memphis in the state of Tennessee. The more spread out geographical areas of talent in a state typically make for better competition. Better competition typically gives you better and more experienced players. That is a huge reason Alabama, Georgia, and Florida all destroy Tennessee in recruiting and on the field.
    Your conclusions based on what you think I said are remarkable. I've tried to take you seriously and answer in a civil manner. But we have a failure to communicate and I have addressed the same things more than once. I'm through with this one.

  7. #59
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    11,260

    Re: Will the Tennessee / Alabama game become relevant again?

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaInBham View Post
    Your conclusions based on what you think I said are remarkable. I've tried to take you seriously and answer in a civil manner. But we have a failure to communicate and I have addressed the same things more than once. I'm through with this one.
    NVM PM'd you
    Last edited by 81usaf92; August 14th, 2019 at 01:44 AM.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

    Hannibal

  8. #60
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,190

    Re: Will the Tennessee / Alabama game become relevant again?

    Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    NVM PM'd you
    Thanks - hope you got my response.

  9. #61
    BamaNation All-American jabcmb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    2,466

    Re: Will the Tennessee / Alabama game become relevant again?

    With alcohol sales allowed in Neyland Stadium I expect a lot of new Tennessee jokes this year.

    Lulu: Why do you have a beer in each hand?
    Junior: The doctor said to follow a balanced diet.

    Tenn DB: “Hold my beer while I cover this Alabama receiver.”

  10. #62
    BamaNation All-SEC Saban4Ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Cobb County GA
    Posts
    1,236

    Re: Will the Tennessee / Alabama game become relevant again?

    I really wish Jeremy Pruitt had stayed at BAMA (especially for last year). I understand why he left but I don't think Tennessee is the right place for him. The TN game won't be relevant with BAMA until they beat us, which I don't see happening anytime soon.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear