Question: Will the Tennessee / Alabama game become relevant again?

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
To me this game has always been big...even when both programs had down years. Will this game ever be as meaningful as it was in years past?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I hope we beat them for so many years and they have so many losing seasons that the next generation of Volunteers decide to get out of the football buisness entirely.

What Fulmer did cant be undone, what their fans did in our darkest days cant be forgiven, and THE STREAK cant grow high enough to be satisfied.

Point is I hope it is never relevant again due to our dominance, but to answer directly I doubt we will ever have more than 5 years of relevant games with them due to their massive disadvantages in the modern era of football. Teams like Tennessee and Nebraska will probably never be relevant past a random 5 year period of time ever again. So relevance in TSIO depends on how down Alabama is and how abnormally high Tennessee is.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
To me this game has always been big...even when both programs had down years. Will this game ever be as meaningful as it was in years past?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope not.

After what they tried to do to us, and dang near succeeded, I hope they flounder in quicksand for all eternity, and TSIO becomes a quaint historical footnote, kind of like when Sewanee was a national power.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
If Pruitt does not do it then I suspect never. People talking up the game will become like people talking up Nebraska. They are just not relevant anymore regardless of history.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I hope not.

After what they tried to do to us, and dang near succeeded, I hope they flounder in quicksand for all eternity, and TSIO becomes a quaint historical footnote, kind of like when Sewanee was a national power.
I agree and love the Sewanee reference. This couldn't happen to a better bunch of fans.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
After Saban leaves, at the earliest. If Bama somehow makes the right hire again, might be another decade-plus. The football machine in Tuscaloosa is humming along at unheard of levels.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
It’ll take Bama moving down to UT’s level. Tennessee’s days as the second best program in the SEC are over. Justice has prevailed.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
When you have been around as long as I have, you will understand that history has a way of changing......
So does football. Teams like Nebraska and Tennessee used to be Top jobs that you could win a national championship at, but now they aren't better jobs than Arkansas and Missouri because of the lack of instate recruiting. For Tennessee to succeed they desperately need to recruit nationally, and not many coaches can bag a lot of top out of state talent, and sell them into coming to a landlocked state with a rich football history. Sure they can win one here and there, but here and there might as well be 10 to 15 years between here and there.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
We only had a 6 game lead in the series when Saban took over. We led 44-38 at that point. Now, after reeling off 12 in a row, we lead 56-38..

Last edited:

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
We only had a 4 game lead in the series when Saban took over. We led 44-38 at that point. Now, after reeling off 12 in a row, we lead 56-38..
I'm no math wizard, but that looks like a 6 game lead.

In any event, we need to keep our boot on their neck. I would love to see the Streak hit 20.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
If Pruitt does not do it then I suspect never. People talking up the game will become like people talking up Nebraska. They are just not relevant anymore regardless of history.
Can't see the orange slime ever being relevant either if Pruit doesn't get them there. The only way 10rc become relevant without Pruitt would be to get up to their recruiting shenanigans when Fulmer was in charge. Personal knowledge during the Fulmer tenure of a TN recruit from the projects driving a brand new pick up worth around $50K back then.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.