Question: Will the Tennessee / Alabama game become relevant again?

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
With alcohol sales allowed in Neyland Stadium I expect a lot of new Tennessee jokes this year.

Lulu: Why do you have a beer in each hand?
Junior: The doctor said to follow a balanced diet.

Tenn DB: “Hold my beer while I cover this Alabama receiver.”

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I really wish Jeremy Pruitt had stayed at BAMA (especially for last year). I understand why he left but I don't think Tennessee is the right place for him. The TN game won't be relevant with BAMA until they beat us, which I don't see happening anytime soon.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Yes. This year it will be. I believe Tennessee will win 9-10 games. I believe this year it will be a much more tightly contested game than in years past. But when I say tight, I'm meaning more like two scores.
And what do you think about that now? [emoji16]

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
This series tends to go in streaks. We beat them 7 in a row with the 7th win coming in '92. They beat us 7 in a row from '95 to '01. I don't see UT being good again anytime soon, but I don't think they are gone forever. Every team ebbs and flows, and eventually they will be back. I doubt it will be anytime soon, though.

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
This series tends to go in streaks. We beat them 7 in a row with the 7th win coming in '92. They beat us 7 in a row from '95 to '01. I don't see UT being good again anytime soon, but I don't think they are gone forever. Every team ebbs and flows, and eventually they will be back. I doubt it will be anytime soon, though.
Yes, the Vols are kind of like locusts. They come out every 17 years or so.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
This series is "relevant" to me right now. I have thoroughly enjoyed these last 12 years!

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018

Will the Tennessee / Alabama game become relevant again?

In basketball, yes, but you are on the football board....

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
But Bama has had more streaks and longer streaks. Bama has had 4 streaks (12..., 11, 9, 7) as long or longer than UT's longest (7, which would have never happened apart from Bama's probation.). There is no real comparison between the 2 programs - Bama is far, far superior to Tennessee :).

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
I think I have gotten more enjoyment from Tennessee's faceplant than Alabama's win? Is that wrong? :biggrin:

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
I get the question for sure, but It’s relevant, because it’s Tennessee. At least for me.

If we continue to dominate them until my age group moves on, the old rivalry will die, I suppose. Which would mean they had fallen lower than that proud program ever has.......would be alright by me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.